HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » When Hearst applied for a...

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 01:34 PM

When Hearst applied for a presidential pardon in 2000, the US attorney in San Francisco objected in

outraged terms. "I strongly oppose the pardon application filed by Patricia Hearst," the US attorney wrote, "The attitude of Hearst has always been that she is a person above the law and that, based on her wealth and social position, she is not accountable for her conduct, despite the jury's verdict."

Who was that US attorney? You may have heard of him. His name is Robert S. Mueller III."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/07/opinions/patty-hearst-kidnapping-toobin-opinion/index.html

That's right, Mr. Mueller; hold them accountable regardless of their wealth and social position. I really like this guy but I'm glad my ex didn't have him for her attorney!

3 replies, 1038 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply When Hearst applied for a presidential pardon in 2000, the US attorney in San Francisco objected in (Original post)
mobeau69 Feb 2018 OP
randr Feb 2018 #1
mobeau69 Feb 2018 #2
PJMcK Feb 2018 #3

Response to mobeau69 (Original post)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 01:49 PM

1. So Mueller has a hard on for elitists?

Could work against the lsos in our house.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to randr (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 01:53 PM

2. "Why the hell did I fire Comey? What the hell was I thinking?" - Dotard

Reply to this post

Response to mobeau69 (Reply #2)

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 01:57 PM

3. No way Trump would think that

He is incapable of self-awareness.

And he would never think he had made a mistake. He's never even asked his god for forgiveness since he believes he's never done anything wrong.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread