HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Former Clinton press secr...

Sun May 6, 2018, 11:27 AM

Former Clinton press secretary says Sanders should give Trump an ultimatum: Don't lie again or...

Former Clinton press secretary says Sanders should give Trump an ultimatum: Don’t lie again or I’ll quit

BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 05/06/18 12:19 PM EDT

A former press secretary for President Clinton called for White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to issue an ultimatum to President Trump: Don't lie to me again, or I’ll quit.

"I think at this point, I'd go into the Oval Office and tell the president that if he lies to me again, I have to quit," Joe Lockhart said on "CNN Newsroom" on Saturday.

"I think she runs the risk, it's at the stage where she's complicit in the lies, even though she may not have the best information,” he continued. Lockhart added that Sanders “now knows for certain that the president is a liar.”

"We now know, without any shadow of a doubt, that the president will say whatever is in his interest at that moment and has no regard for the truth. So she knows this," Lockhart added.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/386426-former-clinton-press-secretary-says-sanders-should-give-trump-an

11 replies, 979 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Former Clinton press secretary says Sanders should give Trump an ultimatum: Don't lie again or... (Original post)
DonViejo May 2018 OP
unblock May 2018 #1
dalton99a May 2018 #2
JenniferJuniper May 2018 #3
Mr. Ected May 2018 #4
The Velveteen Ocelot May 2018 #5
sunonmars May 2018 #6
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin May 2018 #7
S.E. TN Liberal May 2018 #11
tonedevil May 2018 #8
Hortensis May 2018 #9
Ferrets are Cool May 2018 #10

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Sun May 6, 2018, 11:35 AM

1. hahahahaha!

seriously, press secretaries are lied to all the time. sometimes they're told the truth and then told to lie. sometimes this is for base political reasons and sometimes it is because of national security.

the difference is that every other administration has competent people and carefully coordinated strategies and they choose their lies carefully and with a strategy in mind and they back each other up. it's a tool of the trade.

donnie and his administration have no real strategy other than to promote white nationalism, mostly through rhetoric and a few idiotic policies. they are horrible at coordinating strategy, horribly undisciplined, terrible liars, and just plain bad at governing.

the know they lose credibility with every lie, but they try to make up for it on volume.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

2. Sanders is no babe in the woods. She is a willing accomplice, not a victim.

Reply to this post

3. But she loves her smoky lies...

Reply to this post

Sun May 6, 2018, 11:38 AM

4. This should apply to all Trump followers, not just SHS

Oh, and it won't work.

Reply to this post

Sun May 6, 2018, 11:43 AM

5. This assumes it bothers Sanders when Trump lies.

The only problem she has is that she's obligated to repeat the last lie he told her, and then he comes up with a new one she has to explain. It's not the lies that bother her; she just has to struggle with the new lies Trump comes up with that aren't consistent with the lies she told the press. So what she really needs to say is, Please keep your lies consistent enough that the reporters can't jam me up with questions about inconsistent lies.
This is the DU member formerly known as The Velveteen Ocelot.

Reply to this post

Sun May 6, 2018, 11:44 AM

6. if she did that, she would have to leave next time Trump opened his mouth.

Reply to this post

Sun May 6, 2018, 12:50 PM

7. That's assuming she has principals

We all know better

Reply to this post

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Reply #7)

Sun May 6, 2018, 01:35 PM

11. +10000

Reply to this post

Sun May 6, 2018, 12:58 PM

8. That conversation...

would go like this.
Sanders: Mr. President if you lie to me one more time I will have to quit.
donald: I will never lie to you again.
Sanders: I'm out of here. I told you if you lied to me one more time I would have to quit.

Reply to this post

Sun May 6, 2018, 01:06 PM

9. I believe she'd pick up Jews and deliver them to cattle cars if ordered.

That would only occur in a nation that had come to that, of course, but she'd be in.

Sanders' behavior should never be normalized with pretenses that it is just a lapse from responsible normal. She'd have made a good Nazi, and although unlikely, still could.

Reply to this post

Sun May 6, 2018, 01:28 PM

10. LMAO. Joe is such a comedian. Maybe HE should have hosted the WHCA Dinner. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread