HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'Mini-Trump' candidates b...

Sun May 6, 2018, 02:05 PM

'Mini-Trump' candidates battle it out in Republican primaries

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (Reuters) - Mike Braun, an Indiana businessman turned politician, rails against Washington, says he speaks for disaffected voters, and uses his personal wealth to help finance his bid for public office.

Any similarity to President Donald Trump is entirely intentional.

Braun, who owns a distribution and freight company, says he would not have launched his Republican effort for the U.S. Senate if Trump had not blazed the trail two years ago.

I thought there was the opportunity to define a different kind of candidacy, one from the outsider business world, the same thing Trump did, he told Reuters ahead of the primary vote on Tuesday.

more
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-republicans/mini-trump-candidates-battle-it-out-in-republican-primaries-idUSKBN1I70Q8

2 replies, 760 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Mini-Trump' candidates battle it out in Republican primaries (Original post)
n2doc May 2018 OP
D_Master81 May 2018 #1
kimbutgar May 2018 #2

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Sun May 6, 2018, 03:03 PM

1. And he's not even the worst

He's going up against MR MAGA hat himself Todd Rokita who has to mention Trump in every ad and now has been running on anti Mueller and impeachment ads. Whoever survives the GOP primary in IN must be defeated in Nov by Donnelly. We cant have another of these Trump boot lickers in the Senate.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Sun May 6, 2018, 03:45 PM

2. Twitter has been a disaster as POTUS

Nothing has been done to help regular people. Only legislative success is the tax cuts for the rich and Gorsuch. Gutting the EPA, Education, and a disastrous foreign policy which is alienatinting our standing In the world. Yeah we want more of that.....not

Running as a mini me Twitler is not a great strategy in the general. But let them find out the hard way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread