HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » If/When The Dems Win Big ...

Tue Oct 23, 2018, 08:56 AM

If/When The Dems Win Big On Nov 6th And Trump Blames McConnell & Ryan.....

will there be a showdown between Trump & the Repugs in general? Will McConnell & Ryan just bend over and take the blame? OR Will there finally be a showdown and an acknowledgement by those Repugs that lost their races that their misfortunes were a result of Trump and his insanity and lies?

Will a blue wave be Trump's undoing? OR Will the Repugs circle the wagons around Trump and whatever lies he tells about why the Dems took over the House and/or Senate?

4 replies, 475 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply If/When The Dems Win Big On Nov 6th And Trump Blames McConnell & Ryan..... (Original post)
global1 Oct 2018 OP
Buckeyeblue Oct 2018 #1
FreepFryer Oct 2018 #2
global1 Oct 2018 #3
FreepFryer Oct 2018 #4

Response to global1 (Original post)

Tue Oct 23, 2018, 09:06 AM

1. I don't think they have a choice

Ryan is going to be out in January. Turtle is up for reelection in 2020. He also will more than likely control the Senate. He will blame everything on House Dems (assuming Dems take the house). He can't turn his back on 45. They have to stick with what they've got. What we really don't know is this: will 45 announce late in the primary cycle that he's not running again to throw the repugs and the process into chaos. I think he might, especially if Mueller's report doesn't specifically implicate him, because then he wouldn't need the presidency to protect himself. Then he can go back to laundering Russian money with a new political tv network.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to global1 (Original post)

Tue Oct 23, 2018, 09:11 AM

2. So you are afraid of what happens in a big Democratic win, AND afraid of Russian interference?

Lots of fears you're pushing here today.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211309744

Reply to this post

Response to FreepFryer (Reply #2)

Tue Oct 23, 2018, 10:47 AM

3. What's Your Point?....

What fears am I pushing?

I'm thinking the Repugs (McConnell & Ryan included) will blame Trump for their loss. They will finally realize that Trump has been their undoing. I find it hard to believe that they will let Trump push the blame of a loss on them.

As far as Russian interference - listening to all the doom and gloom on MSNBC of the turnout by Repugs in early voting - just makes me suspicious. Many of the states that Trump has recently targeted and campaigned in seem to be the states that are showing this turnout by Repugs.

Could Trump be that good of a campaigner (lies and all) to motivate the Repugs to turnout - OR - could he have inside information as to which states the Russians may be interfering with - again to make him look good?

I'm sorry - I just don't believe anything I read or hear these days.

I guess if I'm pushing any fears - its that the Midterms have been predetermined and we're screwed. That Repug voter suppression, stealing of votes and cheating with the help of the Russians - will seal our fate for the next two years. That scares the living daylights out of me.

Reply to this post

Response to global1 (Reply #3)

Tue Oct 23, 2018, 10:59 AM

4. "It all comes down to a choice. Get busy living, or get busy dying" -- Andy, Shawshank Redemption

Each of us has fear. Maybe take a deep breath and a nice nature walk to separate and understand them better... so as to manage them better.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread