HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This was sent to me by a ...

Tue May 28, 2019, 11:12 AM

This was sent to me by a friend.

Yes, My Fellow Soldiers Died in Vain

Sergeant Alex Fuller hailed from the depressed coastal town of New Bedford, Massachusetts. His brothers and sister did stints in prison; he sold drugs himself as a teen, and barely earned a GED.

Then he found a home in the army. He excelled, he loved it, and even made sergeant in record time. Most of all he was my friend. His story didnít end well, of course. On January 25, 2007 his body was shattered by a massive improvised explosive device (IED) in East Baghdad, Iraq. He was 21. His 19-year-old wife was pregnant. His family buried him on Cape Cod. Such is life.

Please the rest of it here: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/yes-my-fellow-soldiers-died-in-vain/

4 replies, 1245 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply This was sent to me by a friend. (Original post)
PoindexterOglethorpe May 2019 OP
shadowmayor May 2019 #1
stopdiggin May 2019 #2
PoindexterOglethorpe May 2019 #4
malaise May 2019 #3

Response to PoindexterOglethorpe (Original post)

Tue May 28, 2019, 11:45 AM

1. And yet

Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld are walking around this country as free men. Why oh why don't we the people demand justice for the carnage they caused?

What in the hell did the Iraqi people ever do to the people of the United States?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to shadowmayor (Reply #1)

Tue May 28, 2019, 12:34 PM

2. before we charge off again

Another thought. Having seen, and lived with, the cost .. I have never been able to understand why VETERANS are not at the front lines loudly condemning the next rush to war? Example: Trump's recent bellicose (and incoherent?) thrashing about on Iran. Don't these men and women have something of a vested interest?

Reply to this post

Response to stopdiggin (Reply #2)

Tue May 28, 2019, 03:47 PM

4. Yes, I often wonder that, just as I wonder in hell

doctors, specifically OB-GYNs aren't at the forefront of supporting a woman's autonomy over her own body.

Reply to this post

Response to PoindexterOglethorpe (Original post)

Tue May 28, 2019, 12:41 PM

3. Just the sad truth

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread