HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rudy's "hand grenade"?

Tue Dec 17, 2019, 08:02 AM

Rudy's "hand grenade"?

It was former National Security Advisor John Bolton that said Rudy Giuliani was like a "hand grenade".

It has now been reported that Rudy admitted to forcing out Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch in Ukraine, because she was standing in the way of their investigations. Rudy is quoted in the NewYorker.com article: “I believed that I needed Yovanovitch out of the way,” he said. “She was going to make the investigations difficult for everybody.”

He accused her of being "corrupt".

I wonder if this is the "hand grenade" that John Bolton was talking about? And now, Rudy is rolling out the "hand grenade" before Bolton has a chance to talk about it?

Perhaps just a coincidence that someone on the House Judiciary said that the investigations and possible witnesses were still proceeding?

This seems to me to be the most stark evidence thus far. The question seems to be: How much did Trump know about it and how much was Rudy on his own? It was a "shadow foreign policy" and very threatening to our national security.

Or as Ambassador Sondland had testified, was it one of those" big things" that Trump cared about more than anything else - things that helped his brand or made him money?

3 replies, 866 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rudy's "hand grenade"? (Original post)
kentuck Dec 2019 OP
gratuitous Dec 2019 #1
kentuck Dec 2019 #2
uponit7771 Dec 2019 #3

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Dec 17, 2019, 09:59 AM

1. One thing's for sure

The media will treat Giuliani's naked law-breaking as totally legitimate and above-board, and "opinions differ" on whether he's making a sincere inquiry into the "facts" or trying to manufacture a controversy where none exists.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gratuitous (Reply #1)

Tue Dec 17, 2019, 10:33 AM

2. Unless Bolton validates it...

...then it could be a very big story, in my opinion.

Reply to this post

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Dec 17, 2019, 11:06 AM

3. Oh Lordy I hope there are tapes !!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread