HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » One year from today...

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 09:01 AM

One year from today...

Either liberation or a continuation of the march to utter fascism/Nazism.

11 replies, 2680 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to PCIntern (Original post)

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 09:10 AM

1. 366 days.....

It will take all my strength and stamina, all my courage, and all my faith to endure it. But endure it I will. The fight is on, and fight I WILL!!
To this I pledge my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 09:14 AM

2. And hopefully RBG will finally be able to announce a well-earned retirement. Nt

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 09:39 AM

3. Senate doesn't remove him, We the People will.

America won’t let Putin and Jared have their way.

Reply to this post

Response to Kid Berwyn (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 10:27 AM

4. I suppose we can hope.

but it means EVERYBODY has to get off their duffs and go VOTE.

Reply to this post

Response to calimary (Reply #4)

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 11:16 AM

7. I hate to repeat myself and become the old man who cried "wolf" to often BUT....

Getting out to vote is part of the equation. But we have to realize that foreign powers have a PROVEN way to hack and impact our elections. 2016 case in point.

We know, those of us who care, that the Russian and possibly others are attacking our 2020 election system right now have no way to alter or stop that attack. We as private citizens have no way of knowing exactly what they are doing or how to stop them.

And apparently the GOP leadership is very content with the election system as it seems to be LEANING in their favor.

We have to do more in my opinion to get government action to fend off these Russian attacks.

Here is the simplest fact the "wolf alert" it doesn't do us any good to win elections by turning out 10,000,000 (example), new voters if the Russians are capable of altering/changing/deny access/suppressing/etc 11,000,000 votes.

Remember the same technology that allows investors to take advantage of micro-second of change in a market to make millions. Or guides a missile to hit with pinpoint accuracy a target thousand of miles away. That same technology can analyze in realtime what "changes" needs to be implemented in realtime to ensure a win.

Reply to this post

Response to Kid Berwyn (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 10:56 AM

6. I just don't see it that way. As long as the 5% are happy like it is, he stays in.

We do not have it in us to have a French or Russian style revolution to change things.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalArkie (Reply #6)

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 12:00 PM

9. Maybe your being in such a red state makes you see it that way

I am not Pollyanna about it, but the numbers look good. Yes, there will be foreign interference, as a voting population were are much wiser than 16

Reply to this post

Response to Thekaspervote (Reply #9)

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 01:30 PM

10. I just remember the elections back home. Ballot boxes would disappear and then reappear

with the correct locks on them and all, the black precincts always were for the liberal republicans but always voted for the VERY racist democrats. When the old mechanical voting machines come into the state I think was when the state elected Win Rockefeller (R) as a republican (L) governor.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 10:33 AM

5. Or ... the house can refuse to certify Putin's whore to a second term

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 11:38 AM

8. We need disgruntled supporters of candidates not selected to put full support behind our choice.

Remember Nader versus Gore.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 20, 2020, 01:32 PM

11. Just think of all the disgusting pardons he'll be issuing. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread