HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » If Anonymous doesn't come...

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 11:17 AM

If Anonymous doesn't come forward now, Anonymous is a liar and a fraud

A WARNING by Anonymous opens with a self-aggrandizing story about how a crucial group of Trump's closest advisors (likely NSC members) were going to resign in protest, Anonymous being among them.

"The idea was abandoned out of fear we might make a bad situation worse. It got worse anyway. Full awareness of the deteriorating state of affairs dawned on me late one evening, when the loss of a good man revealed the true nature of a troubled one. It was the evening that ultimately led to the writing of this book."

Then Anonymous recounts the miserable reaction of the Trump administration to the death of John McCain. More self-congratulatory pabulum follows: "By then Americans had grown accustomed to the president's pettiness, and they were numb to the endless controversies. Most probably tried to look the other way.

But I couldn't."

So he wrote a book. What pretentious crap!

First off, Anonymous, we weren't looking the other way. We've been full-on traumatized for three straight years. Where were you? Working for the traumatizer!

Then, justifying his anonymity, he writes: "Nor am I unprepared to attach my name to criticism of Donald Trump. I may do so, in due course."

My question to Anonymous, IF NOT NOW, WHEN?

Get off your high horse!

You were prepared to resign en masse (your words!) over Trump's crass reaction to the death of John McCain. Fair enough. But now the entire system of law and order is in full on collapse.

WHERE ARE YOU? Do you have the courage of your convictions? How much worse does it have to get before you and your collection of self-proclaimed heroes step forward?

America waits impatiently.

17 replies, 4367 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 17 replies Author Time Post
Reply If Anonymous doesn't come forward now, Anonymous is a liar and a fraud (Original post)
Mike 03 Feb 2020 OP
BKDem Feb 2020 #1
tableturner Feb 2020 #2
Wednesdays Feb 2020 #3
Roland99 Feb 2020 #4
SayItLoud Feb 2020 #5
Rider3 Feb 2020 #6
bucolic_frolic Feb 2020 #7
AverageJoe Feb 2020 #8
AllyCat Feb 2020 #9
TheBlackAdder Feb 2020 #10
cry baby Feb 2020 #11
Laura PourMeADrink Feb 2020 #12
catrose Feb 2020 #13
world wide wally Feb 2020 #14
PoindexterOglethorpe Feb 2020 #15
jayschool2013 Feb 2020 #16
calimary Feb 2020 #17

Response to Mike 03 (Original post)

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 11:43 AM

1. It's way past time for this guy to come forward.

Assholes like Rand Paul have obsessed about outing the whistleblower, but we didn't need to know his name or his motives -- everything he said was confirmed by others on the record.

In the wake of his acquittal, Trump is now officially off-the-rails out-of-control. We don't know if Anonymous ever actually kept any bad situation from getting worse in the past, but I think we can now afely assume his chances of making things better in the future are nil. The only thing Anonymous can do now is quit and go public. The country needs to confront Trump's revenge spree immediately.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 11:51 AM

2. K and R......

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 11:54 AM

3. Maybe something happened to him.

As in, "disappeared" happened to him.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 11:57 AM

4. Been thinking the same thing for awhile now

Reply to this post

Response to Roland99 (Reply #4)

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 12:26 PM

5. The publisher might know. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 12:36 PM

6. Agreed

Definitely. He's just as guilty if he (or she) doesn't step forward. They're enabling Trump.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 12:40 PM

7. Haven't heard Anonymous bandied about in ages

I thought they abdicated or went into hiding

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 12:41 PM

8. Spot on.

All ďAnonymousĒ has done is raise our anxiety levels. Unless this person comes forward, they are no better than trump or the worst of his minions.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 12:46 PM

9. They are done, I would suspect. Have heard nothing useful from them in years

Like you say, the past 3 years have been horrible and they have done exactly nothing as far as I can tell. Maybe there was something behind the scenes, but they usually take credit for their work...crickets.

Election interference? Vote stealing? Voter purging? Tearing our entire Constitution in half?

We need them now and they are not responding. Suspect they are done, have joined the Russians, were the Russians.

Whatever.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 12:49 PM

10. Mostly comprised of people from foreign countries who want America to weaken its hold on the globe.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 12:55 PM

11. Anonymous renders him/herself irrelevant if he/she doesn't

come forward. In fact, I would argue that Anonymous is already irrelevant. They could have been a national hero, but they chose short term money. No hero.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 01:14 PM

12. Great points!

I know one thing .. Anonymous is very dry and boring. I couldn't make it through a 1/3 of book.

Military? Odd that pResident Pea brain isn't looking for him

Reply to this post

Response to Laura PourMeADrink (Reply #12)

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 01:16 PM

13. Very odd, considering the efforts to out the whistleblower.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 01:31 PM

14. Maybe Anonymous doesn't want people to know they are as impotent as the GOP Senate

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 01:50 PM

15. I recently read the book,

and what comes through over and over is that he is more than willing to be a Trump enabler. H seems to think that a Hillary Clinton Presidency would somehow have been worse, and for Democrats to take control of the Senate would somehow turn back all of the awful things Trump has already done.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 02:01 PM

16. One question

And it may not be relevant, but are we sure they're a man? Most of the pronouns in the conversation are he/him.

Thanks.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 12, 2020, 04:56 PM

17. Ahhh, yes. The "buy my book" approach.

When you put your NAME on it, and come forward with some BACKBONE showing, then Iím interested.

Same for YOU TOO, John Bolton (you who LOVE LOVE LOVE to talk tough and rattle the verbal sabers for war but then when it comes to showing how tough you REALLY are, you hide behind a book deal).

Paper tigers all. If these guys really want to be bad-ass, they know what should be done!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread