HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tell me this is not true....

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 05:05 PM

Tell me this is not true...tell me

I just saw a ticker on MSNBC, it lasted about a few seconds. It said Trump offered to help Iran and NK concerning combatting coronavirus. Then I looked for an article about it online and it took me to the NY Times. I saw it there but I cannot copy and paste it cause I don't have a subscription to it, but some of it is there. He criticizes U.S. governors who need help but then offers help to Iran and NK? Tell me I did not see that.

9 replies, 1754 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to SummerSnow (Original post)

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 05:08 PM

1. I knew he had offered to help Kim Jung Won.

I thought he was making it tougher on Iran to get supplies. Remember he lies.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 05:10 PM

2. You saw it I saw it days ago - don't mean nothin' comin' from the Orange Dolt

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 05:11 PM

3. Agree with your point, but don't have a problem with offering other countries help where we can.

Reply to this post

Response to Hoyt (Reply #3)

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 05:32 PM

5. Not until every state in the US is completely taken care of.

Especially not countries that are hostile to the US, and especially NOT North Korea.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 05:13 PM

4. Maybe there is a connection with that and him outbidding states on medical equipment.

I would certainly not put it past him.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 05:34 PM

6. He wants to bribe NK into not embarrassing him with missile launches.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 05:45 PM

7. I saw that a couple days ago..

but I think this one is more accurate..

Trump privately appeals to Asia and Europe for medical help to fight coronavirus
Despite president’s rhetoric that the US would not rely on foreign nations for help, the administration has approached European and Asian partners

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/trump-privately-appeals-to-asia-and-europe-for-medical-help-to-fight-coronavirus

On Tuesday, Trump spoke by phone with the South Korean president, Moon Jae-in, asking if his country could supply medical equipment.
The official White House account made no mention of the request, but according to the South Korean presidency, the Blue House, the call was made at Trump’s “urgent request”.
Trump praised the South Korean testing programme, which has helped contain the outbreak there. Moon told Trump that he would support South Korean exports of critical supplies to the US “if there is a domestic surplus”

Reply to this post

Response to stillcool (Reply #7)

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 07:25 PM

9. The man has no shame at all. None. Good link, stillcool.

How South Korea Triumphed, and the US Floundered, Over the Pandemic March 20

“By quickly diagnosing COVID-19, we’ve been able to minimize its spread and provide quick treatment, and that’s kept the mortality rate low,” Kang Kyung-wha, South Korea’s foreign minister, told the BBC. “I hope that South Korea’s experience and approach will not only benefit other countries but also lead to greater international cooperation on preparing for the next [viral outbreak].”

But the news, and Kang’s offer, wasn’t welcome at the White House, where President Trump has been presiding over daily briefings characterized by misinformation, outright lies, racist characterizations of the virus’s origin, and fantastic stretches of defensiveness (most of his claims have been repeated and amplified on Fox News). Time after time, Trump has downplayed the Korean tests—and the need for tests in general—and boasted that his approach was superior.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 06:37 PM

8. As with any other humanitarian effort, I don't have a problem

with helping civilians in crisis. This is a good thing, and it should not be compared to Trump's ongoing vendetta and his warped political feud with Democrats.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread