HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I'd be really interested ...

Fri Apr 24, 2020, 11:31 AM

I'd be really interested in what my Kentucky friends have to say about McConnell right now.

I don't care about polls...none of 'em matter if Kentucky re-elects McConnell. I've read far too many articles where people are quoted as saying "Yeah, we hate him, yeah, he's an asshole, but he's been my senator all my life."

My PERSONAL feeling...without my being a Kentuckian...is that we face a real danger of Kentucky voting for Team Mitch out of fatigue and sheer habit.

That's not intended as an insult to anyone from Kentucky...I get it. It grieves me, but I get it.

It seems pretty clear that a Democratic President and Mitch McConnell in control of the Senate could very well add up to four years of Merrick Garland bills stacking up on the Grim Reaper's desk.

The only "victory," the only turn-around, is going to come via a Democratic President AND a Dem Senate.

So...if you're reading this in Kentucky, what's your take on all of this? What do you think, what do your friends and family and associates think? Is Mitch around to stay, or are you going to give him the boot?

1 replies, 639 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'd be really interested in what my Kentucky friends have to say about McConnell right now. (Original post)
Miles Archer Apr 2020 OP
Bayard Apr 2020 #1

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Fri Apr 24, 2020, 12:22 PM

1. Two Words....

Andy Beshear. Great Dem victory as our new gov, after we kept hearing--KY won't elect him. He's doing a good job against Covid, which Bevin would never have done.

McConnell is roundly hated here. Amy McGrath is polling even with him right now, and raising just as much--or more--money.

She is getting many out of state donations, as well as, the grassroots here. If everyone gets behind her, we will take the Turdle out. And he knows it. His ads against her are disgusting and desperate.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread