HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What about when DNI Coats...

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 01:45 AM

What about when DNI Coats interrupted a meeting Deputy Dir. Sue Gordon was in??!

Washington (CNN)The country's No. 2 intelligence official, Sue Gordon, knew it was likely she would have to eventually step down from her post, but the timing of that decision became more urgent on Thursday after her boss -- outgoing spy chief Dan Coats -- interrupted a meeting she was holding on election security and asked his deputy to submit her letter of resignation, sources familiar with the events told CNN.

While details of the conversation between Gordon, an intelligence veteran of more than 30 years, and Coats remain unclear, sources say that the situation clearly abruptly changed after the meeting was interrupted.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/politics/sue-gordon-resignation-coats-interrupts-meeting/index.html

It was such a bizarre, urgent HAIR ON FIRE episode

Did they both know about the Russian bounty atrocity? Yes, right? (Right??) Did the urgency of getting her out of there have anything to do with that?

Well, I guess we’ll know someday, but that was just a really weird episode

arrgghh

2 replies, 990 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What about when DNI Coats interrupted a meeting Deputy Dir. Sue Gordon was in??! (Original post)
Leghorn21 Jun 30 OP
Nevilledog Jun 30 #1
stopdiggin Jun 30 #2

Response to Leghorn21 (Original post)

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 02:29 AM

1. It's confusing right now. Thought Bolton briefed earlier than August 2019

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Leghorn21 (Original post)

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 04:08 AM

2. seriously doubt that bounty intel

(which is not nearly the bombshell that the news cycle is trying to make it out) was at issue here.
Don't doubt that something was in the wind .. but I just don't think this was it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread