HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » People who follow Trump's...

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 05:49 AM

People who follow Trump's advice and hang around watching polling places will be prosecuted, Nevada'

Nevada's attorney general said he would prosecute people who follow President Donald Trump's advice to go to polling places and monitor votes being counted, accusing the president of encouraging voter intimidation.

During his first debate against the Democratic nominee, Joe Biden, on Tuesday, Trump refused to commit to accepting the results of the November election and repeated his unsubstantiated claims that mail-in voting is open to widespread fraud.

"I am urging my supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully, because that's what has to happen," the president said.

Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford later tweeted: "Trump also told 'his supporters' to 'go into the polls and watch very carefully.' But he wasn't talking about poll watching. He was talking about voter intimidation.

"FYI — voter intimidation is illegal in Nevada. Believe me when I say it: You do it, and you will be prosecuted."

https://www.businessinsider.com/nevada-attorney-general-prosecute-people-watching-polls-trump-suggestion-2020-9

12 replies, 2406 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply People who follow Trump's advice and hang around watching polling places will be prosecuted, Nevada' (Original post)
RandySF Oct 2020 OP
Wounded Bear Oct 2020 #1
duforsure Oct 2020 #2
louzke9 Oct 2020 #6
Chainfire Oct 2020 #10
gademocrat7 Oct 2020 #3
orangecrush Oct 2020 #4
Lonestarblue Oct 2020 #5
Illumination Oct 2020 #7
NoRoadUntravelled Oct 2020 #8
niyad Oct 2020 #9
SWBTATTReg Oct 2020 #11
RussBLib Oct 2020 #12

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 05:51 AM

1. K & R...for visibility...nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 06:14 AM

2. Good!

More states should come out telling people they will have consequences if they do it for trump, and trump should be warned he could face charges for it too. He's doing like Charlie Manson did to his followers.

Reply to this post

Response to duforsure (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 08:12 AM

6. Most States....

POST their requirements and restrictions regarding polling stations and activities thereof. Here is a good link concerning this topic.
You can not shuffle your behind to a polling station to watch ANYTHING unless you are CERTIFIED to do so. I think once again Trump is CLUELESS about this AND is hoping to cause problems at the polls on election day to further cast doubt on the outcome of a Biden win.

https://www.eac.gov/election-officials/poll-watchers

Reply to this post

Response to louzke9 (Reply #6)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 09:09 AM

10. The question, as always, is will the police and prosecutors enforce the laws.

That is not a given. Our policing around here is openly right-wing and always has been. They have been violating the rights of people of color and Liberals since at least the days of the Hippies. I know this for fact!

I have vowed, to myself, to resist, as necessary, any attempts to interfere with my voting rights. I haven't missed a vote in nearly 50 years. If the polls are open, I will be showing up. That is not going to change in November. I am too old to be frightened by a bunch of clowns.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 06:39 AM

3. Good news

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 08:08 AM

4. Kick

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 08:11 AM

5. Many states have regulations about poll watchers.

Every governor should make an announcement about prosecuting people who follow Trump’s orders. I think most poll watchers must be approved in advance. That’s the case here in Texas, and they must wear identification here.

We need better voting protections for federal elections.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 08:15 AM

7. Oh happy days!...

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 08:33 AM

8. Too bad tRump can't be charged with encouraging voter intimidation. nt

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 08:52 AM

9. KNR

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 11:27 AM

11. Interfering with voting in any way is illegal...

Whoever intimidates, threatens, coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, at any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing such candidate, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 720; Pub. L. 91–405, title II, § 204(d)(5), Sept. 22, 1970, 84 Stat. 853; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

18 U.S. Code § 594. Intimidation of voters

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 11:30 AM

12. what exactly are they supposed to do, pinhead? (Trump)

He never says what to do, except "go into the polls and watch very carefully."

I wonder how many yahoos are going to try to do just that? Barge into a polling place and just "watch"?

Fucking idiots. With guns.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread