HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » We voted

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 10:02 PM

We voted

We had a whole bunch of amendments here in Washington, then the Presidential race at the very bottom, with Biden/Harris appearing first and Trump/Pence third in the list of about eight different parties. My wife, daughter and I sat around the dining room table, comparing candidates, while our cat Bright Eyes decided that the Voter's Pamphlet was the best place to lay on the table.

We dropped our ballots off at the Drop Box in Issaquah, WA, at the city hall building. It was getting towards early evening, but even so, with twenty days to go, there was a steady stream of people dropping their ballots off.

Issaquah's on the very outer fringe of Seattle along I-90 - less than a mile down the road, you're on the steep climb into the Cascade mountains. As such, it's an interesting mix of rural and urban. I've seen a fair number of signs for Culp, who's waging an uphill battle against the very popular Jay Inslee. I have seen quite a few Biden/Harris signs, but none for Trump (it was fifty/fifty in 2016). Even on the ballots, there were several races between Democrats and Democrats.

There's also a very palpable energy in people - they want Trump out, in no uncertain terms. There's a lot of respect for Biden, but the loathing that Trump generates here is strong.

2 replies, 348 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply We voted (Original post)
kurtcagle Oct 2020 OP
SheltieLover Oct 2020 #1
RainCaster Oct 2020 #2

Response to kurtcagle (Original post)

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 10:17 PM

1. Yaaaaaay!

Ty!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kurtcagle (Original post)

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 10:23 PM

2. Add four more for Joe & Kamala

Mrs RainCaster and I started looking over the two voters booklets today. One from Washington state, the other from Kitsap County. Our kids joined in and filled out theirs, too. Then they wanted to be the ones to drop them off, so off they went to our local fire station and it's well known drop box.
No traffic there, they had lots of time to take a photo. Then they went to the grocery store for some produce and such.
We have our votes in now. Now comes the wait for January 20th.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread