HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Stores In Illinois Are Ge...

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 11:28 PM

Stores In Illinois Are Getting Sloppy With Their Covid Precautions.....

Though they still require shoppers to wear masks - they stopped controlling the numbers of people that can shop in the store at any one time. Many are not sanitizing carts nor have the wipes and sanitizers available at the entries. They aren't enforcing one way aisle arrows. Some stores have even removed the directional arrows. They are letting their guard down. They are getting complacent and as a result the shoppers are getting complacent.

Illinois is seeing a rise in Covid positives and related deaths at a time we are seeing a resurgence of Covid.

The Governor needs to reinstate some tough controls now - before things get worse.

Early voting has started in many counties already here in Illinois. I'm going to early vote next week - just as things are heating up in Illinois with respect to Covid.

I probably should have voted by mail - but I was determined to vote in person and make sure my vote got counted and Trump couldn't contest my mail in vote.

Now I'm wondering if I made the right decision.

I'm high risk as a Senior Citizen. I got my senior booster flu shot today.

I've been very careful about protecting myself since the beginning of this pandemic.

It's very stupid of us now to get sloppy and let our guard down now. We need to buckle down again now or we'll never see our way out of this pandemic.

7 replies, 697 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stores In Illinois Are Getting Sloppy With Their Covid Precautions..... (Original post)
global1 Oct 17 OP
louis-t Oct 17 #1
blueinredohio Oct 17 #2
LisaL Oct 18 #3
LisaL Oct 18 #4
moonscape Oct 18 #5
Ms. Toad Oct 18 #6
ProfessorGAC Oct 18 #7

Response to global1 (Original post)

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 11:34 PM

1. It ain't just Illinois.

Same is happening here.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to louis-t (Reply #1)

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 11:37 PM

2. Its happening in Ohio too.

Reply to this post

Response to blueinredohio (Reply #2)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 12:36 AM

3. I use delivery.

Especially now, with covid going up.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 12:37 AM

4. There is still time to request an absentee ballot, although that's cutting it very close.

But the state rules allow for a ballot to be requested.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 12:50 AM

5. Same here on the Central CA coast. One

grocery chain (Hob Hill/Raleyís) still lets in only a certain number of people and there is usually a line outside. Once in, people are so spread out and itís easy to get in and out quickly. Carts sanitized. Sanitizer around. No reusable bags allowed. Iíve been inside twice, otherwise do curbside. It feels safe.

Last week I had to go into a Safeway (grocery chain) to get a prescription. First time in the store since before covid. Nobody outside sanitizing carts. Reusable bags fine. More crowded store. Felt very different. I wonít be back. They did have marked distancing, and although itís probably close to equivalent if one gets in and out quickly, it did feel different.

Nob Hill was communicating this is serious, we get it, and are doing our part. Safeway seemed to be business as close to normal as we can get away with.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 04:02 PM

6. Masks are most important.

Numbers in stores - second most important. The rest is far less important. Aerosolized viral matter is the predominant means of spread - and it hangs around so it doesn't really matter if you are going walking into it - or following behind it.

I would be grateful if people were following (and stores enforcing) mask wearing. Compliance in the last several stores I've been in has been under 50%. (Crowding is not really an issue, so far around here.)

Reply to this post

Response to Ms. Toad (Reply #6)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 04:14 PM

7. Thankfully, Better Than That, Here

Went to supermarket today. Probably a total of 40 people in there, including staff.
Except for one young twenty something guy, everybody was masked.
Worth noting, the young guy with no mask was wearing shorts & a tiedye t-shirt.
It's 43 and raining today!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread