HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Something I've noticed ab...

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 02:04 PM

Something I've noticed about Trumpsters

I have a good many Trumpsters in my neighborhood.

I've noticed that there's a high correlation between Trumpsters and those who fly the American flag - ALL THE TIME - at night without a spotlight, in all kinds of weather, etc. Generally, they ignore all flag etiquette.

Now, what I've noticed is that they don't do this with their Trump flags. They take them in at night and take them down when it rains or snows. In other words, they're treating their Trump flags better than they treat the American flag. Not only that, but one house just around the corner, actually flies their Trump flag on the same pole, using the same hooks along side their American flag!

Very revealing of their mindsets.

3 replies, 831 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Something I've noticed about Trumpsters (Original post)
citizen blues Sunday OP
Loge23 Sunday #1
Ponietz Sunday #2
Siwsan Sunday #3

Response to citizen blues (Original post)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 02:06 PM

1. Yes, I've noticed that! (eom)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 02:09 PM

2. Have a neighbor flying dump Rambo flag beneath my country's flag day and night

Too damn drunk in the evenings to bother taking either down.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 02:11 PM

3. I had a neighbor who was VERY conservative yet flew the Irish higher than the American flag

I always found that to be so strange. Both sides of the family were 1st generation Americans and were the most Irish and the most Catholic Irish Catholics I've ever met. Don't get me wrong, they were lovely people, on many levels. Real 'shirt off their back's sorts and a whole lot of fun. I just never engaged in political or religious discourse with them.

When the father died, I went to the memorial service. Among the 'memorabilia' they had on display was an autographed picture of Alan Keyes.

I do still miss them, though.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread