HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » From CBC* in Canada: Geol...

Wed Oct 21, 2020, 06:54 AM

From CBC* in Canada: Geologist eager to examine 'spectacular' fossilized tracks found on P.E.I.**

* Canadian Broadcasting Corporation ** Prince Edward Island

From article: 'We’re looking at the movement of a living creature from 290 million years ago'

Carolyn Ryan · CBC News · Posted: Oct 20, 2020 7:00 AM AT | Last Updated: October 20

Parks Canada confirms the rock holding fossilized tracks was found in the P.E.I. National Park, and asks anyone who discovers anything similar to leave it in place and contact park staff. (Patrick Brunet/submitted)

The recent discovery of a set of fossilized footprints could put P.E.I. on the world stage in the annals of ancient reptiles.

The specimen found in the P.E.I. National Park still needs to be verified, but Nova Scotia geologist John Calder is already predicting that the record preserved in rock will add significantly to the scientific community's knowledge.

much more plus photos at link:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-fossil-trackway-lizard-calder-1.5768554

2 replies, 702 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply From CBC* in Canada: Geologist eager to examine 'spectacular' fossilized tracks found on P.E.I.** (Original post)
abqtommy Oct 21 OP
zanana1 Oct 21 #1
abqtommy Oct 21 #2

Response to abqtommy (Original post)

Wed Oct 21, 2020, 07:06 AM

1. I don't see anything. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to zanana1 (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 21, 2020, 07:57 AM

2. I didn't see much either, but then I'm not a trained geologist.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread