HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » From BBC World News: Brit...

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 06:35 AM

From BBC World News: British-bred Royal Enfield speeding ahead in Asia

Yes, as I had hoped from the title this is an article concerning motorcycles now built in
India. In my life I've had an interest in motorcycles from the time when I was a lad in
West Pakistan and my Dad had two bikes in succession. I learned that it's not good to
touch an engine when it was still hot from being used. That's an important thing to know.

As an adult I've owned quite a few motorcycles and this article helped me remember those
good old days.

from article: British-bred Royal Enfield is expanding aggressively as it aims to tap into the world's biggest motorbike-buying market, in Asia.

One of the world's oldest bike brands still in operation has been owned by India's Eicher Group since 1994 and has seen strong sales in its local market.

It is now embarking on increasing sales across Asia, and recently announced plans to open a new factory in Thailand.

Asian customers appreciate the style and heritage of its bikes, Royal Enfield chief executive Vinod Dasari tells the BBC.

much more at link: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54429714

0 replies, 363 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread