HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'I feel betrayed' -- Ken ...

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 12:33 PM

'I feel betrayed' -- Ken Langone blasts Trump and Capitol rioters, vows to support Biden

Politics
‘I feel betrayed’ — Ken Langone blasts Trump and Capitol rioters, vows to support Biden
Published Wed, Jan 13 20219:04 AM ESTUpdated Wed, Jan 13 202110:34 AM EST
Kevin Stankiewicz
@kevin_stank

Billionaire Ken Langone called the Capitol Hill riot a “disgrace” and urged Americans to rally behind President-elect Joe Biden.

“I think the biggest mistake anybody is going to make is try and rationalize what happened last week, what the president did and what that crowd did,” Langone told CNBC on Wednesday.

“I feel betrayed,” said Langone, the co-founder of Home Depot who has donated over the years to Republicans.

Republican businessman Ken Langone on Wednesday blasted last week’s Capitol Hill riot, indicating on CNBC he felt “betrayed” by President Donald Trump’s actions that led up to the deadly events.

“I think the biggest mistake anybody is going to make is try and rationalize what happened last week, what the president did and what that crowd did,” Langone said on “Squawk Box.” “There should be no mitigation at all. It was horrible. It was wrong. I’m shocked.”

more...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/i-feel-betrayed-ken-langone-blasts-trump-capitol-rioters-vows-biden-support.html

8 replies, 666 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'I feel betrayed' -- Ken Langone blasts Trump and Capitol rioters, vows to support Biden (Original post)
babylonsister Wednesday OP
BusyBeingBest Wednesday #1
Raven123 Wednesday #6
unblock Wednesday #2
Raven123 Wednesday #3
unblock Wednesday #5
David__77 Wednesday #4
Thomas Hurt Wednesday #7
SWBTATTReg Wednesday #8

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 12:36 PM

1. That's a good first step.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BusyBeingBest (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 12:39 PM

6. Maybe they need a Trumpaholics Anonymous

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 12:37 PM

2. "I'm stupid as hell not to have seen this coming, but I'm still shocked"

Reply to this post

Response to unblock (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 12:38 PM

3. And "I'm worried my business will suffer"

Reply to this post

Response to Raven123 (Reply #3)

5. And "oh shit, democrats are in charge now?"

Reply to this post

4. Yeah, so he doesn't see Republicans as competent administrators of repression.

At least, not at this time. This does not signify some sort of change in political character.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 12:40 PM

7. IOWs, Covering his ass...

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 01:13 PM

8. Good. My SO works for Home Depot, and Ken Langone has not been involved w/

running Home Depot day to day for quite some time. My SO has constantly had to tell people that this former trump lover is NOT involved in running Home Depot.

Let me tell you that a lot of folks who work at Home Depot are Biden supporters.

The Home Depot company is a good company believe it or not, they bring in treats and stuff to workers, they bring in gifts, they bring in health related items such as folks to test their workers blood pressure etc., and are constantly doing things such as this (too numerous to list).

As a former AT&T person, I'm really impressed w/ their concern for workers, and what they do for their workers. I know, being that I was part of the Corporate AT&T culture (a piece of crap, SWBT before was much much better).

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread