HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » After 4 gut-wrenching yea...

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 10:42 AM

After 4 gut-wrenching years, the MAGAts' "Fuck Your Feelings" unity mantra comes home to roost.

The foremost thought in my mind during the multiple Republicans' call for "unity" was how quickly after Trump's taking office the slogan "fuck your feelings" entered the lexicon, along with "I made a liberal cry," and cocaine cowboy Don Jr gleefully "triggering libs" at every opportunity, making him an icon among his dad's lemmings.

And now, we have this. Thoughts and prayers, MAGAts. Thoughts and prayers.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supporters-2650011916/

'A horrible feeling': Trump supporters in grieving after they finally realize he's leaving

13 replies, 1144 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 10:47 AM

1. I don't have two fucks to rub together for them. The rides over, it's time for them StFU.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to marble falls (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 10:54 AM

3. That's the part that my conservative friends don't get, or more accurately, don't care about

It WAS a "ride" for them, a rush, and the operative words here are "for them."

And I have always seen "fuck your feelings" as a rare moment of unfiltered, unvarnished honesty. They were on a ride and didn't give a damn about how anyone else felt, and now the ride is over. There's really nothing else that needs to be said.

Reply to this post

Response to Miles Archer (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 10:57 AM

6. I never ever got a sense of political commitment from any of them, not even from Thrump ...

It was all about the thrill by the follower's, and all about power and bucks by their leaders. It was a ride.

Reply to this post

Response to Miles Archer (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 10:59 AM

7. Their hate for liberals is what drives these morons everyday. nt

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 10:52 AM

2. These people are un-American seditionists

They're also losers on a grand scale.

Fuck their feelings. Just imagine how upset they're going to be as one by one, Trump's dominoes fall.

Reply to this post

Response to PJMcK (Reply #2)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 10:56 AM

4. They were all expelled from Trump University without a diploma.

I wonder how many of them will carry their love for Trump to their graves, and how many will have an epiphany and realize they were conned. I'm guessing the "realize they were conned" folks will be in the minority.

Reply to this post

Response to Miles Archer (Reply #4)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 11:17 AM

8. If they don't know they've been conned by now...

... they'll never know. Self-awareness is not a trait found among Trump supporters.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 10:56 AM

5. What goes around comes around...too bad, so sad...nt

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 11:22 AM

9. Let me go find the world's tiniest violin just for them:

Reply to this post

Response to Initech (Reply #9)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 11:36 AM

11. And I know just what tune to play...

Reply to this post

Response to Buns_of_Fire (Reply #11)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 12:15 PM

12. I would also like to add:

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 11:27 AM

10. Trump enabled, and promoted, their festering hate and bigotry.

Made them feel it was good, and noble, and American, to proudly be a racist, homophobe, misogynist, anti-Semite, etc

Other than that, and those issues, like building a wall, most of them don't have the slightest clue about what Trump actually did while golfing, er, I mean, while in office. When you ask them why they love Trump so much, they say "he did everything he said he was going to do". That mainly means "he's building the wall".

For instance, they have no idea that he deliberately tried to to everything he possibly could to destroy the environment, because they only watch Fox News, listen to hate radio, and engage in congratulatory fascist circle j**ks while discussing Trump's current lies on social media, where nothing is truth or fact. Their entire world is an information bubble, where all the information is fascist BS.

Trump made them feel good about them being their nasty selves, and they worshiped him for it.

Reply to this post

Response to Roisin Ni Fiachra (Reply #10)

Mon Jan 18, 2021, 12:24 PM

13. While we were focused on overseas terrorism, the real enemy was brewing from within.

It was born on AM radio, nurtured by Fox News, and came together on social media. All cultivating in a president who feeds on hate and bigotry. A man who has done more damage to America than any amount of terrorist attacks ever would or could.

A president who has brought out the absolute worst in people and is not going away anytime soon. If he were to get back into power, he could do damage to America on an untold scale.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread