HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Texas Republican Congress...

Thu Jan 21, 2021, 05:56 PM

Texas Republican Congressman Tests Positive for COVID-19 Amid Lung Cancer Battle

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-congressman-ron-wright-battling-lung-cancer-tests-positive-for-covid-19?ref=home

Texas Republican Congressman Tests Positive for COVID-19 Amid Lung Cancer Battle

YIKES
Arya Hodjat, Cheat Sheet/Breaking News Intern
Updated Jan. 21, 2021 3:21PM ET /
Published Jan. 21, 2021 3:15PM ET

Rep. Ron Wright (R-TX) has tested positive for COVID-19, his office announced in a statement. Wright, 67, was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2019, and was hospitalized for the illness late last year. “I have been in quarantine since Friday and will continue to quarantine until my doctors and medical professionals give me the okay to return to work,” Wright said in the statement. “I am experiencing minor symptoms, but overall, I feel okay.” Wright is the eighth member of Congress to test positive for the virus following the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, spurred on by baseless allegations that there was widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election. Wright was among the House Republicans to vote to object to certifying Pennsylvania and Arizona’s electoral votes.

5 replies, 848 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Texas Republican Congressman Tests Positive for COVID-19 Amid Lung Cancer Battle (Original post)
babylonsister Jan 21 OP
Mystery sage Jan 21 #1
Blue_true Jan 21 #2
salin Jan 21 #4
Butterflylady Jan 21 #3
Make7 Jan 21 #5

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Thu Jan 21, 2021, 05:58 PM

1. Well hope you wrote that will but in either case r.i.p.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 21, 2021, 06:00 PM

2. Hopefully the drugs that he is taking for the cancer helps with Covid. We can cover him being a

Dunce later.

Reply to this post

Response to Blue_true (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 21, 2021, 06:06 PM

4. I agree.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 21, 2021, 06:04 PM

3. I'm very sorry for him, but that's just plain ignorant.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 21, 2021, 06:17 PM

5. That's frightening. I hope his Covid case is minor and doesn't cause complications. ( n/t )

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread