HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Some people never learn.

Wed Feb 17, 2021, 06:13 PM

Some people never learn.

For some people with a diagnose of incurable cancer it's a chance for them to take a long good look at their life and ask themselves what could've I done better or how can I use the time I have to make amends to those who I've wronged.

Lee Atwater was the campaign manager when George H. Bush ran for president against Michael Dukakis. Atwater ran a very dirty and nasty campaign. He was a mentor for the likes of Roger Stone and Karl Rove, so one can just imagine how bad it was. Atwater used fear and shame against not only Dukakis, but is wife Kitty.

After Bush won the election, Atwater was diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer. Knowing he had few months to live he tried to make up for what he had done to the Dukakis family by apologizing for what he did to their family.

Rush Limbaugh knew what he was doing and more then likely was enjoying his performance. He considered himself a showman. I don't think he regretted anything and that is the shame of it all. Life has way of making one pay for what we sow.

4 replies, 569 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Some people never learn. (Original post)
Butterflylady Feb 2021 OP
Rorey Feb 2021 #1
world wide wally Feb 2021 #2
marked50 Feb 2021 #3
Initech Feb 2021 #4

Response to Butterflylady (Original post)

Wed Feb 17, 2021, 06:29 PM

1. Thank you for saying this

I was thinking this earlier when I was reading some posts from people who took issue with the fact that many of us are pointing out what a POS that racist asshole was. I'd be less inclined to make negative comments if he had ever apologized for the things he said and did in his waste of air life.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Feb 17, 2021, 06:30 PM

2. My Mother's husband in her later years was a dyed in the wool Republican (Bush 1 years)

But even he said Rush Limbaugh was a blowhard.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 17, 2021, 07:18 PM

3. What is a shame is that

he got "the medal of freedom" from ?,%$#. and went to his grave with the thought that he had done something good in life.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 17, 2021, 07:24 PM

4. Ironic that Limbaugh succumbed to the very disease he used to mock.

Remember when he made fun of RBG's cancer? Or when he used to smoke those big, disgusting cigars?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread