HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » He Was Just Having A Bad ...

Fri Mar 19, 2021, 11:26 AM

He Was Just Having A Bad Day

2 replies, 535 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply He Was Just Having A Bad Day (Original post)
ItsjustMe Mar 2021 OP
llashram Mar 2021 #1
dutch777 Mar 2021 #2

Response to ItsjustMe (Original post)

Fri Mar 19, 2021, 11:36 AM

1. RACISTs have the

back of racists. Even an EX-potus is in that krewe...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ItsjustMe (Original post)

Fri Mar 19, 2021, 11:52 AM

2. And the 8 killed ...I guess they just had a REALLY bad day. Unbelievably insensitive and stupid

I lived in Germany for a number of years. The average police officer there had to have at least a 4 year college degree and in things like social science, psychology or police science. Many had advanced degrees. I don't know about this officer, but I know in our state (WA), you can be a HS grad, have a reasonably clean criminal record and do 8 weeks at the police academy and you can be a cop in pretty much any jurisdiction in the state. I suspect that is applicable in much of the US. I wonder how much we could improve policing by better educating our officers? I know the reason the bar is set so low, is even at that bottom rung, we can't get enough cops. But why can't we require and support applicable continuing education and raise the bar for everyone's benefit? We really get what we pay for, and it is frightening. And like teachers, we expect cops to also be psychologists, social workers and family counselors with virtually zero training and little support.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread