HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I'll Feel Better About Re...

Fri May 7, 2021, 10:13 AM

I'll Feel Better About Relaxing Covid Restrictions And Re-opening The Country About 2 Weeks .....

after Memorial Day - if we don't see a surge in Covid cases, hospitalizations and deaths.

Until then - I'm going to remain cautious and continue to mask; social distance; wash my hands - even though I'm fully vaccinated with Pfizer since March 25th.

I guess I'm still worried about re-opening things too soon - as we've been fooled before as we relaxed and became complacent.

2 replies, 606 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'll Feel Better About Relaxing Covid Restrictions And Re-opening The Country About 2 Weeks ..... (Original post)
global1 May 7 OP
Wingus Dingus May 7 #1
CentralMass May 7 #2

Response to global1 (Original post)

Fri May 7, 2021, 10:30 AM

1. Everyone who has wanted to be vaccinated should be able to by now, at least the

first shot. The holdouts will keep the infection rates up, but I don't think that's a reason to limit the rest of us. In my opinion, only overwhelmed local hospitals/ICU's should require the return of restrictions. There will always be people getting this disease, just like any infectious disease. Can't stay on hold forever. Edit to add: I will continue wearing a mask indoors as policies require it, of course.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to global1 (Original post)

Fri May 7, 2021, 12:04 PM

2. I am letting this thing play out a bit more as well

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread