HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is There A Repository For...

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 11:16 AM

Is There A Repository For Info On Current Covid Deaths & How Many Of The People....

died - weren't vaccinated?

If so - would somebody post a link to that info.

I believe I read somewhere yesterday - that the bulk of all new Covid deaths occurred in people that weren't vaccinated.

If that is so - that info needs to be publicized by the MSM to illustrate to the anti-vaxxers that they are in peril and subject to dying from Covid if they remain un-vaccinated.

5 replies, 344 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is There A Repository For Info On Current Covid Deaths & How Many Of The People.... (Original post)
global1 Jun 10 OP
Hugin Jun 10 #1
dawg day Jun 10 #2
albacore Jun 10 #3
global1 Jun 10 #4
AZSkiffyGeek Jun 10 #5

Response to global1 (Original post)

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 11:20 AM

1. I haven't seen anything specific...

There have been a continual flood of articles stressing that among the unvaccinated population in the US. The pandemic is still raging at the levels seen during the fall and winter months of last year.

It's mostly falling on deaf ears.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 11:30 AM

2. There might be more info here-- this is "excess deaths" in the G7 nations

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57421886

Here's another with vaccination statistics.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

I just saw a statistic that said deaths in the over-65 (82% vaxxed) are now much lower (very big change) than the under-45 group (more than half not vaxxed).

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 11:33 AM

3. Two countries.... just like everything else in this country.

Two universes, actually. New cases are nearly all in the unvaccinated population, and at this point - in Washington state, anyway - the vaccine is available EVERYwhere, so it's the anti-vaxx folks refusing the vaccine who are getting Covid.

"....of King County’s recent COVID-19 cases, 97% had occurred in unvaccinated people.
It effectively meant the only people still catching coronavirus here in King County are people who haven’t gotten the shots. It also means the disease that just a few months ago threatened the entire nation is now almost exclusively circulating among a shrinking few.
In the 98022 ZIP code, in the Enumclaw area, only 52.9% of the folks there 12 and up had been vaccinated as of this past week — which is one of the lowest rates in King County. In the two-week period ending in mid-May, that ZIP code also had the highest COVID case rate in the county, at more than 400 cases per 100,000 people.
At the same time, there are ZIP codes with vaccination rates that top 90%, and these had disease rates ranging from just one-fourth to one-tenth of Enumclaw’s. Examples include Sammamish and Mercer Island."
....of the 15,397 positive cases, 14,895 were in people who hadn’t been fully vaccinated. That’s 96.7% of all local cases in April and May.
the Washington State Department of Health reports that between April 3 and May 29, there were 1,358 “breakthrough” cases in which someone who was fully vaxxed still caught COVID. But during that same period, the state reported 63,751 cases among the unvaccinated — which is 98% of the total.
“We’re getting to the point where it’s a tale of two societies,” says Dr. Umair Shah, the state health secretary."

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/the-two-societies-97-of-new-covid-cases-are-among-people-who-havent-gotten-the-shots/

Reply to this post

Response to albacore (Reply #3)

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 11:50 AM

4. Thank You For Posting This Info As It Supports My Suspicions.....

Wouldn't it be wise for the Biden Administration and the CDC to compile this type of info and make it available to the MSM to publicize.

All these incentives that are being offered all over the country to encourage people to get vaccinated always bothered me. Bribing people with baubles to do the right and patriotic thing.

It seems to me that the biggest incentive that can be offered to the un-vaccinated is their life.

If they knew that the bulk of the people that are dying from Covid are those that are un-vaccinated - wouldn't their life be the ultimate incentive to get vaccinated.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 10, 2021, 12:57 PM

5. I saw something a few weeks ago...

Basically stated that despite the lowered cases and fatalities, the rates for unvaccinated were the same as they were in January. Essentially, the cases we're seeing now are overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread