HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is it time?

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 12:44 PM

Is it time?

42 CFR § 70.6 - Apprehension and detention of persons with quarantinable communicable diseases.

a) The Director may authorize the apprehension, medical examination, quarantine, isolation, or conditional release of any individual for the purpose of preventing the introduction, transmission, and spread of quarantinable communicable diseases, as specified by Executive Order, based upon a finding that:

(1) The individual is reasonably believed to be infected with a quarantinable communicable disease in a qualifying stage and is moving or about to move from a State into another State; or

(2) The individual is reasonably believed to be infected with a quarantinable communicable disease in a qualifying stage and constitutes a probable source of infection to other individuals who may be moving from a State into another State.

(b) The Director will arrange for adequate food and water, appropriate accommodation, appropriate medical treatment, and means of necessary communication for individuals who are apprehended or held in quarantine or isolation under this part.

[82 FR 6971, Jan. 19, 2017] https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/42/70.6

8 replies, 1040 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Marcuse (Original post)

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 12:46 PM

1. um ...

✌🏻

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dweller (Reply #1)

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 12:54 PM

4. Can I join you if I bring the beer?

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 12:46 PM

2. Ha! That'll drive them nuts just to suggest it.

Reply to this post

Response to Tomconroy (Reply #2)

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 12:52 PM

3. HA! Personally I love it, there will be huffin and puffin and all sorts of blubbering..LOL. n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 12:59 PM

5. The American public no longer believes in the structures of a civilized society.

Public health, election systems, public education, democracy, etc.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 01:30 PM

6. Maybe past time. The longer we keep our powder dry the bigger the threat grows.

Not my favorite idiom but I'm feeling glib and beat down. This thing is like a mushroom cloud. The long term repercussions as I am imaging them, have me terrified.

We are heading towards a society crippling cohort of individuals who will have long term debilitating illnesses across all age groups, nationwide.

Compound that with our aging population that we already know we don't have enough cargivers for and who will take care of the sick.

We know that before the pandemic doctors were already committing suicide at alarming rates. The entire health care system of direct care providers is going to be at risk of collapse.

We will need caregivers who are strong, logical, pragmatic, resilient and compassionate. Will they be able to function after all these experiences make them feel more and more jaded? Will people even continue to train in health care after the way they are being belittled, doubted and even physically attacked while trying to help?

There is going to be a wide swath of individuals who are going to outnumber even the horrible numbers of drug addicted individuals and other chronically ill cohorts. People who will not be able to contribute to society because they or someone close to them, refused to get a shot. We are in no way prepared for the pain we are going to suffer as a society.

Covid isn't over. It's just getting warmed up.

Time to inventory all of the tools in the toolbox.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 02:01 PM

7. Remember sanitorium system for TB patients?

My sister was put in one for six months back in the late 1960s and we all had to be tested every months for two years.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 15, 2021, 02:17 PM

8. "Typhoid" Mary Mallon was detained on Brother Island in NYC for 26 years.

Esteemed physician (and Irish America magazine Top 100 honoree) Dr. Kevin Cahill is one of the interviewed experts in the film. Cahill’s father had been the medical director of Riverside Hospital on Brother Island, where Mary spent 26 years of quarantined isolation. Being a first-generation Irish immigrant himself, the senior Dr. Cahill identified with Mary’s experiences and befriended her. As one of the experts in the film, his son offers a defense of Mary. “I don’t think she was ever an evil person,” Dr. Cahill says. “She didn’t intentionally go out to hurt people. She was just incapable of understanding that her carrier state was the cause of death and illness in people.”

Intentional or not, Mary Mallon will always be known as Typhoid Mary. ♦

[link:https://irishamerica.com/2004/10/the-unfortunate-legacy-of-mary-mallon/|

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread