HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » surviving a zombie apocal...

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 02:16 PM

surviving a zombie apocalypse cardio

We had a few police officers die this week from Covid. They were are large men in thier forties and fifties.

We had half a dozen teachers die as well... per the photos, all of them also seemed of a certain size.

It seems clear whenever I see a program highlighting someone who tragically died of Covid invariably two things are evident more than not. They are unvaccinated and they are obese.

We have children dying becuase they cannot yet get vaccinated and they are vulnerable because of their excessive weight and lack of fitness.

It is clear that the lung health and overall health seem to have a considerable benefit for a good outcome from this plague. Yet I can't help but notice how everyone seems to go out of thier way to leave this unmentioned.

This is in no way to downplay the need of getting vaccinated. That is job one.

But cardio is job two to survive the plague. This has been obvious from day one. The more we ignore the need or good lung health and a healthy weight, the more people that will suffer needlessly.

3 replies, 649 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply surviving a zombie apocalypse cardio (Original post)
cinematicdiversions Aug 2021 OP
Hugh_Lebowski Aug 2021 #1
cinematicdiversions Aug 2021 #2
Phoenix61 Aug 2021 #3

Response to cinematicdiversions (Original post)

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 02:22 PM

1. Don't forget the double tap ... vaccine AND masks :) nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hugh_Lebowski (Reply #1)

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 02:23 PM

2. I did forget masks. With Delta raging masks are back on the Menu. NT

Reply to this post

Response to cinematicdiversions (Original post)

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 05:33 PM

3. That is less true with Delta. Younger, healthier

people are becoming seriously ill and some are dying. That being said, the most significant risk factor isnít weight itís age. Hospitalized vaccinated patients are 10-15 years older than their unvaccinated counterparts.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread