HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » When Republicans lose or ...

Tue Nov 2, 2021, 10:05 PM

When Republicans lose or win

When Republicans lose they go further to the right which fires up their base to vote in any and all elections

When they barely win they take that as evidence as having a mandate and go even further to the right

When Democrats win, we take that as we won because of “moderates”, with the help of the MSM and republicans pushing that talking point…so we govern as moderates trying not to offend these so called independents while alienating our base (which was the real reason we won)…so our base decides to stay home and not vote

So when we lose, we take that as proof that we went too far left, again with the help of the MSM and Republicans, so we go more to the center trying to win over “moderates”, while further alienating our base

2 replies, 545 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply When Republicans lose or win (Original post)
USAFRetired_Liberal Nov 2 OP
FoxNewsSucks Nov 2 #1
The Revolution Nov 2 #2

Response to USAFRetired_Liberal (Original post)

Tue Nov 2, 2021, 10:58 PM

1. Good description

Too many don't see it, or for various reasons refuse to acknowledge that truth.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to USAFRetired_Liberal (Original post)

Tue Nov 2, 2021, 11:03 PM

2. Is there any evidence for this?

I used to think along this lines, but do we actually have any evidence to support this? That is, if we lose a race, is it because our base didn't turn out. Or is it due to moderates/independents not turning out or switching sides?

I think on the 538 podcast a few weeks ago someone said there wasn't actually any evidence that the base/progressive wing wasn't turning out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread