HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » OTTAWA -- The Greens have...

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 08:45 PM

OTTAWA -- The Greens have chosen a nonbinary astrophysicist as the interim leader of their party.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/astrophysicist-amita-kuttner-chosen-as-interim-leader-of-green-party-of-canada-1.5679389

"SNIP......

OTTAWA -- The Greens have chosen a nonbinary astrophysicist as the interim leader of their party.

Amita Kuttner, an expert in black holes, was appointed Wednesday by the Greens' Federal Council to lead the party until a new leader is elected next year.

Kuttner, 30, will be the youngest person as well as the first trans person and person of east-Asian descent to lead a federal political party.

Kuttner, who stood against Annamie Paul for the Green leadership last year, has been a vocal advocate for action to address flooding and climate change. Their mother was killed and their father severely injured in a mudslide in 2005 after their North Vancouver home was crushed.

......SNIP"

2 replies, 485 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply OTTAWA -- The Greens have chosen a nonbinary astrophysicist as the interim leader of their party. (Original post)
applegrove Nov 25 OP
J_William_Ryan Nov 25 #1
applegrove Nov 25 #2

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 08:52 PM

1. I hope

I live long enough where a trans person who is elected or appointed to a position of power is no longer newsworthy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to J_William_Ryan (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 09:10 PM

2. Or of East Asian descent. It would have been news in Canada anyhow. I like

the astrophysicist thing too. I am partial to scientists too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread