HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Warm Springs, Georgia--he...

Thu Nov 24, 2022, 10:25 AM

Warm Springs, Georgia--here are Eleanor and FDR at his first Thanksgiving as President, 1933: #AP

Thanks for the reminder, Kevin M. Kruse

I saw a remark somewhere last year, I guess it was, that Roosevelt carved the turkey so thin you could practically see through it.

These look like two different Thanksgivings to me. The rooms are different, the people are different, Eleanor is not wearing the same dress, and so on. Ayone?

Kevin M. Kruse Retweeted

“May we ask guidance in more surely learning the ancient truth that greed and selfishness and striving for undue riches can never bring lasting happiness or good to the individual or to his neighbors,” read Franklin Roosevelt’s first proclamation in 1933.

Sat Nov 27, 2021: Warm Springs, Georgia--here are Eleanor and FDR at his first Thanksgiving as President, 1933: #AP

Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt hosted an annual Thanksgiving dinner with children and adults challenged by polio, Warm Springs, Georgia—here his first Thanksgiving as President, 1933: #AP

2 replies, 773 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Warm Springs, Georgia--here are Eleanor and FDR at his first Thanksgiving as President, 1933: #AP (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Nov 24 OP
niyad Nov 24 #1
dchill Nov 24 #2

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Thu Nov 24, 2022, 10:34 AM

1. Two different ones. Everything you said. . and the people are different as well.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Thu Nov 24, 2022, 10:39 AM

2. "...greed and selfishness and striving for undue riches."

Really, that's all the definition you need for conservatism. Codify it and force everyone to partake in it in order to get things like health care and retirement. Boom goes the dynamite.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread