HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Every sunrise a painting:...

Thu Feb 2, 2012, 12:20 AM

Every sunrise a painting: Brain-tumor survivor’s daily ritual

(Basically, a lady who was never an artist paints the sunrise every morning, and people contact her asking for a certain day's painting to commemorate a birth, a death, etc.)

Wagner had long been a foodie who loved to prepare complex recipes. She also savored long novels, managed her family’s finances and made it a priority to get at least nine hours of sleep a night.

Post-surgery, all of that changed. Multitasking became nearly impossible, and she found she could no longer follow recipes, balance a checkbook or keep a novel’s plot straight in her mind. She also lost her cherished ability to sleep through the night.

“You go through this mourning-type period of sadness, and then you realize that you’re a different person and you have to redefine,” Wagner said. “My husband jokes, ‘Well, I’ve gotten to be married to two different women without having to get divorced!’ ”

Her brain tumors and surgeries may have robbed Wagner of much, but they also gave in unexpected ways: She said she wound up experiencing a heightened visual perceptiveness and an irresistible pull toward art.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46155422/ns/today-today_people/#.TyoX-hyaxSw

2 replies, 1197 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Every sunrise a painting: Brain-tumor survivor’s daily ritual (Original post)
xfundy Feb 2012 OP
CaliforniaPeggy Feb 2012 #1
Frustratedlady Feb 2012 #2

Response to xfundy (Original post)

Thu Feb 2, 2012, 12:30 AM

1. She has really made the most of what she still has.

That takes genuine courage.

Her paintings are exquisite!

Thank you for this great story...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to xfundy (Original post)

Thu Feb 2, 2012, 02:20 AM

2. What a beautiful story. eom

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread