HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Chris Christie blames eve...

Fri Feb 21, 2014, 10:12 AM

Chris Christie blames everyone else for his Sandy $$$ scandal.

Christie was having an obviously difficult time choking back his usual slap downs as Sandy victims put him on the spot. In the end he blamed the Federal Government for his failure.

"PORT MONMOUTH, N.J. — When Chris Christie started to talk over a complaining questioner, a signature tactic of the bellicose, pre-scandal governor, the audience here briefly turned on him.

“Answer the question,” some shouted.

When he took a microphone from a long-winded speaker, the man startled Mr. Christie by snatching it right back.

And when he singled out a young woman as his inspiration for repairing the Hurricane Sandy-battered coastline, he failed to grasp that the girl’s mother — sitting just a few feet from Mr. Christie — was angry with him for not doing enough.

“He’s full of it,” she said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/nyregion/hurricane-sandy-aid-not-bridge-scandal-is-focus-as-christie-meets-voters.html?hpw&rref=nyregion

4 replies, 1009 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chris Christie blames everyone else for his Sandy $$$ scandal. (Original post)
Walk away Feb 2014 OP
JustAnotherGen Feb 2014 #1
leftyohiolib Feb 2014 #2
rurallib Feb 2014 #3
Walk away Feb 2014 #4

Response to Walk away (Original post)

Fri Feb 21, 2014, 10:15 AM

1. My only hope

Is an old Calabrese 'proverb' if you will . . .

The Blind Man Says One Day We'll See.

Maybe some of my fellow New Jerseyans are finally beginning to see what others of us did when we held our noses to vote for Corzine.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 21, 2014, 10:23 AM

2. who's the oblamer now? i thought the one of the right's biggest complaint of potus is that he blames

others for what goes on around him.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 21, 2014, 11:26 AM

3. I thought they had screened the audience

Reply to this post

Response to rurallib (Reply #3)

Fri Feb 21, 2014, 11:42 AM

4. They picked a county that he carried with 80% of the vote a few months ago...

and they screened. But there was lots of Christie hate anyway. He got some love for calling FEMA "the new F word" and for complaining that the federal government had taken over all of the country's flood insurance (neglecting to mention that no private company would give them insurance at twice the premium).

If people swallow those lies it's no wonder they re elected that boardwalk scumbag.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread