HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » With all of the purge tal...

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 07:39 AM

With all of the purge talk, maybe we should ask: why are we Democrats?

I think a bit of soul searching is in order. By thinking about and perhaps answering this question we may be able to reclaim a common bond and decide where we go from here. I don't think the answer is or should be "because I don't want to be a Republican" or "the other side is worse."

I think we should discuss that here. I mean an overall theme, not specific issues. I am starting this to try to get to the root of the problem.

For me, it boils down to fairness. When someone gets too little pay for her daily toils, I see injustice. When the gay kid gets cornered and beaten in the locker room, I want to protect him. When I see people forced to live in hell so a tiny bunch of fat cats can lick the cream, I want Robin Hood.

Others probably have better reasons. Maybe government helping people. What is yours?

3 replies, 740 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply With all of the purge talk, maybe we should ask: why are we Democrats? (Original post)
Depaysement Nov 2014 OP
CurtEastPoint Nov 2014 #1
B Calm Nov 2014 #2
Depaysement Nov 2014 #3

Response to Depaysement (Original post)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 07:50 AM

1. I am a Democrat because I think of other people besides myself and work for the common good.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Depaysement (Original post)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 08:03 AM

2. I asked the same thing on Monday.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to B Calm (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 08:21 AM

3. Sorry didn't see it

Great minds

Reply to this post