HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Pat Robertson must be dev...

Thu Apr 26, 2012, 08:47 AM

Pat Robertson must be devastated

April 26, 2012

Hague court convicts Taylor of war crimes in Sierra Leone
(Reuters) - A United Nations-backed court convicted former Liberian president Charles Taylor of aiding and abetting war crimes and crimes against humanity, the first time a head of state has been found guilty by an international tribunal since the Nazi trials at Nuremberg.

Taylor, 64, had been charged with 11 counts of murder, rape, conscripting child soldiers and sexual slavery during intertwined wars in Liberia and Sierra Leone, during which more than 50,000 people were killed.

The first African leader to stand trial for war crimes, Taylor was accused of directing Revolutionary United Front (RUF) rebels in a campaign of terror to plunder Sierra Leone's diamond mines for profit and weapons trading.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/26/us-warcrimes-taylor-idUSBRE83P0J720120426

Pat Robertson Slams Bush On Liberia

By Joel Roberts
Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson accused President Bush of "undermining a Christian, Baptist president to bring in Muslim rebels" by asking Liberian President Charles Taylor, recently indicted for war crimes, to step down.

"How dare the president of the United States say to the duly elected president of another country, 'You've got to step down,'" Robertson said Monday on "The 700 Club," broadcast from his Christian Broadcasting Network.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-562915.html

4 replies, 2089 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pat Robertson must be devastated (Original post)
SHRED Apr 2012 OP
Bluenorthwest Apr 2012 #1
rustydog Apr 2012 #2
Lil Missy Apr 2012 #3
wendylaroux Apr 2012 #4

Response to Bluenorthwest (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 26, 2012, 10:22 AM

2. Pat is no dummy, only one letter separates God From Gold....

Hummmmmmm...coincidence? I think not!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SHRED (Original post)

Thu Apr 26, 2012, 10:28 AM

3. I blame this on cohabitators, homosexuals, and fornicators!

Reply to this post

Response to SHRED (Original post)

Thu Apr 26, 2012, 01:32 PM

4. Ahhh Pat

he's always alot fun. I know God told him who would win the next pres. election,did he tell anyone anyone else yet?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread