HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Developer curses at man o...

Sat Feb 21, 2015, 08:32 PM

Developer curses at man on subway, meets him again in job interview

The London subway isn't the most elegant of places...One man got on the subway train last Monday morning and wasn't in the mood for politeness or pleasantries. As another man stood in his way, he shoved him and, so that there was no doubt as to his intent, told him to "F*** off."

Perhaps the curser thought nothing more of it. He went about his day. He even had a job interview later in the afternoon.

He walked in and, within seconds, began to curse himself. For his interviewer turned out to be the very man he'd cursed at on the subway. Being a Python developer, and therefore a man of some rational bent, he might have attempted to work out the chances of such a serendipitous event. However, as Matt Buckland told the BBC: "It was totally awkward."

Buckland, you see, was the interviewer. He's the head of talent and recruiting for Forward Partners. This is a VC company that offers money to fledgling entities. You'd imagine he might have been tempted, in this job interview, to reciprocate the developer's morning greeting.

Instead, he admitted to the BBC: "I approached it by asking him if he'd had a good commute that morning. We laughed it off and in a very British way I somehow ended up apologizing."

The story emerged before millions of eyes, because Buckland garlanded his Twitter feed with it. His now-classic post read: "Karma - the guy who pushed past me on the tube and then suggested I go F myself just arrived for his interview...with me..."

The developer didn't get the job because he wasn't, according to Buckland, quite right for it... The job, though, is still available.

http://www.cnet.com/news/developer-curses-at-man-on-subway-meets-him-again-in-job-interview/#ftag=YHF65cbda0

1 replies, 878 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Developer curses at man on subway, meets him again in job interview (Original post)
ND-Dem Feb 2015 OP
Liberal_in_LA Feb 2015 #1

Response to ND-Dem (Original post)

Sat Feb 21, 2015, 08:34 PM

1. yikes. let that be a lesson

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread