HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Melania spends her days w...

Sat May 20, 2017, 10:47 PM

Melania spends her days watching cable news and alerting her husband to negative stories.

Melania Trump’s spent her first few months as first lady in New York, only rarely appearing in Washington or speaking at events. Yet friends and aides say she’s keeping a close watch from her gilded apartment in Trump Tower on how her husband is portrayed in the press—and that she’s growing increasingly worried about the anonymous sniping from West Wing staff.

Like President Donald Trump, these people said, Melania Trump is an avid consumer of cable news, and often tracks the news of the day and will alert her husband to stories she thinks make him look bad.

She has raised concerns that some on his communications and press team aren’t doing enough to defend him, according aides and sources close to the president. She’s been especially troubled by background quotes in which West Wing aides criticize the president, and she’s called the president to discuss it.

Her quiet role as private watchdog is at odds with her public persona. Melania Trump has been seen as generally aloof and removed from her husband's political operation since he announced his campaign in 2015, but as his administration has been consumed by infighting and outside investigations, she's grown increasingly vocal about the perceived shortcomings of staff surrounding the president.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/20/melania-trump-white-house-leaks-media-238620

10 replies, 4416 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Melania spends her days watching cable news and alerting her husband to negative stories. (Original post)
RandySF May 2017 OP
Lotusflower70 May 2017 #1
doc03 May 2017 #2
JI7 May 2017 #6
Laura PourMeADrink May 2017 #7
Joanie Baloney May 2017 #3
Mike Nelson May 2017 #4
Laura PourMeADrink May 2017 #8
CrispyQ May 2017 #10
lpbk2713 May 2017 #5
Laura PourMeADrink May 2017 #9

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Sat May 20, 2017, 11:04 PM

1. Whatever

I call bullshit. She isn't watching over his image or worried about it at all. She knows her place and knows when to shut up. That's their relationship. It's not he would listen anyway. They want to portray them as having some kind of connection but it doesn't exist. It seems strategic to me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat May 20, 2017, 11:07 PM

2. She claims to speak six languages she has to be far more intelligent than

husband asswipe.

Reply to this post

Response to doc03 (Reply #2)

Sun May 21, 2017, 12:50 AM

6. there is no evidence of this

Reply to this post

Response to JI7 (Reply #6)

Sun May 21, 2017, 12:55 AM

7. That's what I said. Prove it beyond saying hello in 5 languages.

Reply to this post

Sat May 20, 2017, 11:08 PM

3. You meant "alerting", right?

There's a lot of altering going on, but I don't think it's Melania!

-JB

Reply to this post

Sat May 20, 2017, 11:16 PM

4. I find her...

...repulsive. I think they deserve each other... she put herself on the front line of Trump supporters. I also find her a poor spokesperson for bullying because she doesn't call out the biggest bully in the country.

Reply to this post

Response to Mike Nelson (Reply #4)

Sun May 21, 2017, 12:57 AM

8. Yup. What ever happened to her passion about helping children? I swear, out of all

the dismantling he did of traditions (which I didn't think I cared about until he turned his nose up on them) - that was the biggest shock of all - that a first lady wouldn't be in the WH.

Reply to this post

Response to Mike Nelson (Reply #4)

Sun May 21, 2017, 11:51 AM

10. I read an interview with her & she said

she calls Barron "Little Donald," not because he looks like Trump, but because he acts like him.

Reply to this post

Sun May 21, 2017, 12:48 AM

5. She must not have time for anything else.

If she's telling shithead about all the negative stories. There are so many.

Reply to this post

Response to lpbk2713 (Reply #5)

Sun May 21, 2017, 12:58 AM

9. that's funny ! You think she has to stay up all night too? Or maybe set her alarm for 4 am when

he gets going

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread