HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Wisconsin governor urges ...

Sun Aug 30, 2020, 08:38 PM

Wisconsin governor urges Trump not to visit Kenosha

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Omaha Steve (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: The Hill

Wisconsin governor urges Trump not to visit Kenosha: 'I am concerned your presence will only hinder our healing'

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers (D) urged President Trump on Sunday to "reconsider" his plans to visit Kenosha, Wis., which has been rocked by unrest for the past several nights following the shooting of Jacob Blake by police.

In a letter to the White House shared by Evers's office Sunday afternoon, the governor warned that Trump's presence could "hinder" the state's attempts to heal after a video of Kenosha police shooting Blake seven times in the back sparked a week of protests that in some cases descended into violence.

"I, along with other community leaders who have reached out, are concerned about what your presence will mean for Kenosha and our state. I am concerned your presence will only hinder our healing. I am concerned your presence will only delay our work to overcome division and move forward together," he wrote.

"I am likewise concerned that an in-person visit from you will require a massive re-direction of these resources to support your visit at a time when it is critical that we continue to remain focused on keeping the people of Kenosha safe and supporting the community’s response," Evers continued.

A White House spokesperson told reporters on Saturday that the president planned to visit Kenosha on Tuesday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/514357-wisconsin-governor-urges-trump-to-reconsider-visit-to-kenosha

?s=20

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/514357-wisconsin-governor-urges-trump-to-reconsider-visit-to-kenosha

6 replies, 788 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wisconsin governor urges Trump not to visit Kenosha (Original post)
StrictlyRockers Aug 30 OP
Faux pas Aug 30 #1
Princess Turandot Aug 30 #2
Bernardo de La Paz Aug 31 #3
Sherman A1 Aug 31 #4
Omaha Steve Aug 31 #5
Omaha Steve Aug 31 #6

Response to StrictlyRockers (Original post)

Sun Aug 30, 2020, 09:01 PM

1. To

the raging effer hump, that's an engraved invitation

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Aug 30, 2020, 09:22 PM

2. FYI: Already in LBN..

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 07:52 AM

3. Duplicate you could easily see in LBN column two posts before yours

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 08:12 AM

4. If he does come I hope that no officials meet him

At the airport and they ignore him while he is there.

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 11:29 AM

5. After a review by forum hosts....LOCKING

Dupe. See the earlier post here: https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142572484

Statement of Purpose
Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.