HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 'It's Taken Over My Life'...

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 03:51 PM

'It's Taken Over My Life': Ex-Melania Friend Working With Prosecutors On Inauguration Probe

Source: Talking Points Memo

Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a former close friend to first lady Melania Trump, claimed on Monday that she is working with three prosecutors in their investigations into the Trump inaugural committee.

“I’m working with three different prosecutors, and it’s taken over my life,” she told ABC News in a pre-taped interview.

Those would be the U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York, along with the attorneys general in New Jersey and Washington, D.C.

Winston Wolkoff was an adviser to the inaugural committee, which spent a jaw-dropping $104 million on the event after raising more than $107 million. Her ABC News interview is part of her media tour to promote her tell-all book, “Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady.”

Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/its-taken-over-my-life-ex-melania-friend-working-with-prosecutors-on-inauguration-probe

6 replies, 1904 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'It's Taken Over My Life': Ex-Melania Friend Working With Prosecutors On Inauguration Probe (Original post)
Mrs. Overall Aug 31 OP
Thomas Hurt Aug 31 #1
LastDemocratInSC Aug 31 #2
Thomas Hurt Aug 31 #4
SharonAnn Aug 31 #3
Karadeniz Aug 31 #5
displacedtexan Aug 31 #6

Response to Mrs. Overall (Original post)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 03:54 PM

1. Do tell! Did get suckered into running scams?

Had to get an immunity deal...not that the investigation is going anywhere with Barr replacing US attys.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Thomas Hurt (Reply #1)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 04:03 PM

2. State AG of DC and NJ are involved, too.

Reply to this post

Response to LastDemocratInSC (Reply #2)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 05:15 PM

4. Cool...

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 05:48 PM

5. This may be the woman who ages ago reported that she saw that Ivanka had jacked up

All the prices at Trump Intl during the inauguration. She confronted Ivanka that this was a questionable situation, but got nowhere.

Reply to this post

Response to Karadeniz (Reply #5)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 07:33 PM

6. Yes, that's her. She refused to go along with the money grab.

This woman isn't just a socialite friend of Melania. This woman was in charge of the Met Gala for a decade, and not a penny was squandered. She wasn't about to take the fall or even risk her reputation for the Trump Crime Family.
From Wikipedia:
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff (née Batinkoff) is an American fashion and entertainment executive and former senior advisor to First Lady of the United States, Melania Trump. Prior to her role in politics, she produced various notable events in New York City, including the Met Gala, and later worked as the founding fashion director for Lincoln Center and facilitated the expansion of its Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread