HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 'Stop the Steal' organize...

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:40 PM

'Stop the Steal' organizer Ali Alexander says 3 GOP congressmen helped him plan the rally.

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Omaha Steve (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Business Insider..

Sarah Al-Arshani
11 hours ago
______________________________________________________________________________________

Ali Alexander, the organizer of the "Stop the Steal" movement, said three Republican representatives helped him plan the rally on January 6 that preceded the armed insurrection at the Capitol that left five people dead.

Alexander said Reps. Andy Biggs, Mo Brooks, and Paul Gosar helped him plan the rally, which happened as Congress was getting ready to certify the electoral votes and cement President-elect Joe Biden's victory, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

"We four schemed up of putting maximum pressure on Congress while they were voting," Alexander said in a Periscope video that has since been deleted, The Post reported.

According to The Post, he added that the plan was to "change the hearts and the minds of Republicans who were in that body, hearing our loud roar from outside."

Read more: https://www.businessinsider.com/stop-the-steal-organizer-gop-members-helped-him-plan-rally-2021-1

If true, those 3 congressmen need to be charged with, "rioting and insurrection." I wonder if this can be
proven beyond a reasonable doubt?..In a trial? Will these 3 even be charged?

15 replies, 1432 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:43 PM

1. Singing like well trained canaries.

I figured those in custody were spilling their guts. Insufferable whiners usually incriminate everyone when they get caught. FBI is probably amazed at how easily these clowns fold.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to paleotn (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:46 PM

2. ..The three have not confessed.. That is to come. Ali Alexancer has confessed.

Response to Stuart G (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:56 PM

4. Not the Congress Critters....

I meant the rubes in custody. They're spilling their guts. Some without even been pressed terribly hard, so the rumor is. FBI interrogators are use to dealing with hardened criminals and foreign terrorists. But these yokels...they're coming apart like cheap sweaters and taking the Congress Critters down with them.

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:54 PM

3. whow. and the Truth is dribbling out hour by hour. I wonder if Pelosi can do anything

about this?? Will have to have some details of How these 3 helped the terrorists.

Response to riversedge (Reply #3)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:57 PM

5. One and only one has said that he talked to Alexander...Paul Gosar..

The other two: Andy Biggs, Mo Brooks have refused to talk about this or refused to comment
to anyone about this.

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:01 PM

6. I'm smiling on the outside, but laughing on the inside.

Response to C Moon (Reply #6)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:08 PM

7. It didn't take too long, did it? I think all will come out in due time..Yes, all..

The FBI is good at finding ....ALL INFORMATION...yes..all....
It said on the internet that money sources have been found. And exchange of money has
been also found. Here is that link .

posted by appalachiablue:

title of link below:

Exclusive: Large Bitcoin Payments To Rightwing Activists A Month Before Capitol Riot Linked To Forei

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142670954

Response to Stuart G (Reply #7)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:35 PM

11. I imagine when they were brought into a room with actual FBI agents, reality hits them hard:

Oh. I don't have my digital room full of nazis and racists to tell me how genius and brave I am.

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:10 PM

8. If Ali Alexander or the Capitol's CCTV footage provide evidence, this law probably applies

and they must be expelled based on the evidence.
No matter their excuses, they are caught committing a crime.

US Constitution 14th Amendment Section 3

No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a Member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:28 PM

9. a video that has since been deleted...is this guy in some sort of custody? nt

Response to msongs (Reply #9)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:35 PM

12. I think the FBI has the video and all necessary to indict, try and convict whoever was there.

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:32 PM

10. Might need to use a little, oh what's the word, enhanced interrogation ...

to get to the truth.

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:38 PM

13. What's the cost for a Presidential Pardon nowadays?

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:41 PM

14. Time for "14th Amendment solutions"...

Congress needs to declare them seditionists, expel them from the House, and ban them from ever holding federal office in the future.

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:48 PM

15. After a review by forum hosts....LOCKING

Dupe of https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142669171

Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. >No duplicates.< News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.