HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Putin signs off on extens...

Fri Jan 29, 2021, 03:23 PM

Putin signs off on extension of New START treaty

Source: France24

Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed off on legislation extending a key nuclear pact between Russia and the United States by five years, the Kremlin said on Friday.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin signed the federal law 'on the ratification of the extension of the agreement between Russia and the USA'," the Kremlin said in a statement, referring to New START.

"The current federal law enters force on the day of its official publication," the statement said.

The New START treaty is the last remaining arms reduction pact between the former Cold War rivals.

Read more: https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210129-putin-signs-off-on-extension-of-new-start-treaty

2 replies, 853 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Putin signs off on extension of New START treaty (Original post)
Wicked Blue Jan 2021 OP
Botany Jan 2021 #1
sandensea Jan 2021 #2

Response to Wicked Blue (Original post)

Fri Jan 29, 2021, 03:34 PM

1. 1 call from Joe

Nice to see grown ups again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Botany (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 30, 2021, 04:16 PM

2. +1

There's a real president in the Oval Office again - and Putin knows it.

In a way, he must be relieved - for having a kleptomaniac loose canon in the White House ended up being a lot more trouble to him than it was worth.

I can hear him now:

"Don't talk to me about about that idiot Trumpski. I gave the son of a shluka everything - and he nothing but trouble!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread