HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Three Current and Former ...

Tue May 11, 2021, 07:35 PM

Three Current and Former NYPD Officers Charged with Tow-Truck Bribery Scheme. One of Them Is Accused

Source: Law & Crime

of ‘Armed Drug Trafficking’ Conspiracy.

Three current and former New York City Police Department officers participated in a bribery scheme involving tow trucks, and one of them was involved in an “armed drug trafficking” conspiracy, a federal grand jury charged on Tuesday.

The charged NYPD officers are New Yorkers Heather Busch, a 34-year-old from Massapequa; Robert Hassett, a 36-year-old from Farmingville; and Robert Smith, a 44-year-old from Plainview who retired in March 2020.

Acting U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York Mark Lesko accused the officers in a statement of having “shamelessly violated their oaths of office and the public trust by trading their badges for cash payments.”

“This Office will vigorously pursue corrupt public servants like these defendants, who exploited their positions as police officers for personal gain,” Lesko wrote.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/three-current-and-former-nypd-officers-charged-with-tow-truck-bribery-scheme-one-of-them-is-accused-of-armed-drug-trafficking-conspiracy/ar-BB1gCk9O?li=BBnb7Kz

1 replies, 1247 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Three Current and Former NYPD Officers Charged with Tow-Truck Bribery Scheme. One of Them Is Accused (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin May 11 OP
rpannier May 11 #1

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue May 11, 2021, 09:06 PM

1. 44-year-old from Plainview who retired in March 2020.

Wish I could retire at 44
The only job I knew of that let you retire so young was the military

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread