HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » In which Helen finds her ...

Thu Jul 28, 2016, 02:12 PM

In which Helen finds her voice again

FROM HELEN:

Margaret, I watched that jackass in Cleveland and lost my voice. I saw a Presidential nominee paint a picture of an America I donít know and have never known. I tried to respond but I couldnít find the words. I watched his wife lie to a reporter saying that she had written every word of her speech. When she hadnít, I watched the media say it wasnít her fault. I tried to respond but couldnít find the words. I listened to children who have known only lifeís riches praise a father who had made his riches by cheating others. I tried to respond but I couldnít find the words. I watched an audience shout down a Senator when he told them to vote their conscience. I tried to respond but I couldnít find the words. I watched amazed as Trump got more popular rather than less and truly I couldnít find the words. But last night, I watched a battle-worn President who had been unjustly treated and unfairly maligned rise above it all. I watched Barack Obama, my President, paint a different picture, a beautiful picture of hope, kindness, forgiveness and humility. And now I am going to respond because I have indeed found my words. Screw you, Mr. Trump. You better give your heart to Jesus because your butt is mine and I plan to kick your ass from the bottom floor to the top floor of Trump Tower and then down again. As I live and breathe, you will never be President. Never.

It gets better. https://margaretandhelen.com/

2 replies, 1200 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply In which Helen finds her voice again (Original post)
Warpy Jul 2016 OP
CTyankee Jul 2016 #1
awoke_in_2003 Jul 2016 #2

Response to Warpy (Original post)

Thu Jul 28, 2016, 05:18 PM

1. Warpy, that's adorable! I'm lovin' her so much...

thanks for my late coming belly laugh of the day...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Warpy (Original post)

Thu Jul 28, 2016, 06:06 PM

2. I love these ladies

and I bet Helen makes a killer apple pie.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread