HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Noel Gallagher says he re...

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 05:56 AM

Noel Gallagher says he refuses to wear a 'pointless' mask despite UK laws

Never did like his music.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/sep/15/noel-gallagher-says-he-refuses-to-wear-a-mask-despite-uk-laws

Noel Gallagher has said he refuses to wear a mask during the coronavirus pandemic, complaining that it is a violation of his liberty.

Speaking on the Matt Morgan podcast, the former Oasis guitarist said: “It’s not a law. There’s too many fucking liberties being taken away from us now … I choose not to wear one. If I get the virus it’s on me, it’s not on anyone else … it’s a piss-take. There’s no need for it … They’re pointless.”

Gallagher said he had resisted calls to wear a mask on a train and in shops. “I was going up to Manchester the other week and some guy’s going, ‘Can you put your mask on,’ on the train, ‘because the transport police will get on and fine you a thousand pounds. But you don’t have to put it on if you’re eating.’ So I was saying: Oh right, this killer virus that’s sweeping through the train is gonna come and attack me, but see me having a sandwich and go, leave him, he’s having his lunch?

“Why do you have to wear one when you’re having a fucking haircut, but you don’t have to wear one in the pub?” he added. He referred to Morgan, who argued in favour of mask wearing, as a “cowardly germophobe”.

Contrary to Gallagher’s complaint, by UK law you must wear a face covering on public transport, as well as in concert halls, shops, hotels and numerous other public locations.

3 replies, 838 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Noel Gallagher says he refuses to wear a 'pointless' mask despite UK laws (Original post)
ItsjustMe Sep 16 OP
DonaldsRump Sep 16 #1
Blues Heron Sep 16 #2
C_U_L8R Sep 16 #3

Response to ItsjustMe (Original post)

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 06:40 AM

1. It's called opening your mouth, dumbo

You kinda' need to do that to eat.

You probably need to shut your mouth more and go back to ripping off Beatles songs to pretend you're some sort of revolutionary rock 'n roll haute intellectuel.

I know John Lennon. John Lennon is an idol of mine. You, Sir, are no John Lennon.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 07:42 AM

2. What an utter moron

"it's on me...."

yeah dude and if you have the virus and don't know it you're spreading to other people who aren't YOU

It's like thinking is exceedingly difficult for these AntiMa people, they're like animals or cave people.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 08:54 AM

3. It's not about you.

Or your liberties. It's about respect for your fellow person and their safety. Clearly something you, Noel, are clueless about.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread