HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Dolly Parton remembers Gi...

Sat Sep 19, 2020, 11:40 PM

Dolly Parton remembers Ginsburg

'Her voice was soft but her message rang loud'

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/517244-dolly-parton-remembers-ginsburg-her-voice-was-soft-but-her

Legendary country musician Dolly Parton paid tribute to the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Saturday following the justice’s death this week.

“She was small in stature but even the tallest looked up to her. Her voice was soft but her message rang loud and clear and will echo forever. Thank you, RBG. Rest In Peace,” Parton shared.

6 replies, 1766 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dolly Parton remembers Ginsburg (Original post)
ItsjustMe Sep 19 OP
sfstaxprep Sep 19 #1
Grokenstein Sep 20 #4
Solly Mack Sep 20 #2
BlueDawn Sep 20 #3
fierywoman Sep 20 #5
SouthernIrish Sep 20 #6

Response to ItsjustMe (Original post)

Sat Sep 19, 2020, 11:54 PM

1. Dolly Stays Out Of Politics

Because she's in Country Music I suppose. She seems to be more outspoken as she's gotten older. Perhaps more of a who cares at this point attitude.

I can't imagine that she's a repub. Or at least that she's been one at any point in the last 30 years.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sfstaxprep (Reply #1)

Sun Sep 20, 2020, 12:57 AM

4. There was that little dust-up with Stuart Baker

AKA "Unknown Hinson" over her decision to remove "Dixie" from the name of a Dollywood restaurant. It cost Baker multiple jobs and endorsements, but I imagine the culture-warrior cult probably threw a bunch of shit at Parton over it. If she was ever Republican, she's probably had second thoughts.

Baker's a damn fool. Having grown up around that sort of trash I loved the satire of Squidbillies; intentionally or not Dan Halen was a flawless warning about Donald Trump.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 20, 2020, 12:04 AM

2. K&R

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 20, 2020, 12:50 AM

3. Dolly is.....

....one of the best things to originate from my red state, that’s for sure. She is a national treasure.

Thank you, Dolly, for your classy and lovely words about RBG. Both of you have given us years of your talent, hard work, chutzpah, and strength. I stand in awe of you both. And I am grateful to have occupied this planet while you both inhabited it.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 20, 2020, 01:35 AM

5. I'm dreaming of Dolly, in her inimitable style, writing a song about RBG.

Reply to this post

Sun Sep 20, 2020, 07:43 AM

6. She spoke up for BLM

There is a mural in Nashville with her quote of "Of course black lives matter. Do you think your skinny white ass is the only one that matters?.
She is one of the few things that I can be proud of being from East Tennessee.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread