HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » MAGA 'Audit' Shrugged Off...

Fri May 13, 2022, 10:00 PM

MAGA 'Audit' Shrugged Off Complaint About Doorknocking Pedophile

A local complained about an alleged sex criminal going door to door amid a far-right “canvas” of voters. The county didn’t investigate.

Kelly Weill
Reporter
Updated May. 13, 2022 4:08 AM ET / Published May. 13, 2022 12:02 AM ET

On Feb. 23, a resident of Otero County, New Mexico sent a worried email to one of the county’s three commissioners.

“My neighbor was a volunteer for [children’s aid group] CASA and she recognized someone who came to her door asking how she voted in November 2021 as someone who either was convicted or pleaded guilty to sex with a child,” the Otero County resident wrote. “She is terrified. She has grandchildren she cares for. Did the County perform background checks on the volunteers going to voters homes?”

The email came in reference to a then-ongoing “canvass” of local voter rolls, as part of an “audit” of Otero County’s 2020 presidential election. Like a previous effort in Maricopa County, New Mexico, the audit attracted a conspiratorial crowd that had falsely attributed Donald Trump’s reelection loss to voter fraud. As part of the audit, a conspiracy-promoting Telegram group, the New Mexico Audit Force (NMAF), was commissioned to knock on locals’ doors and ask them questions about their 2020 votes and their voter registrations.

A new tranche of Otero County communications, first obtained via public records request by the American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico, sheds light on locals’ concerns about the home visits.

Within an hour of receiving the email complaining of an alleged child sex offender knocking on doors, the Otero County commissioner forwarded the message to the county’s attorney, R.B. Nichols. Nichols quickly texted Erin Clements, leader of the NMAF.

More:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/maga-audit-shrugged-off-complaint-about-doorknocking-pedophile?ref=scroll

6 replies, 987 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply MAGA 'Audit' Shrugged Off Complaint About Doorknocking Pedophile (Original post)
Judi Lynn Friday OP
Mr.Bill Friday #1
multigraincracker Friday #2
Mr.Bill Friday #3
MontanaMama Friday #4
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Friday #5
keithbvadu2 Saturday #6

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Fri May 13, 2022, 10:13 PM

1. If anyone comes to my door and asks anything about my voting

I will tell them to get off my property immediately.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Mr.Bill (Reply #1)

Fri May 13, 2022, 10:21 PM

2. How about this,

first drop those pants so I can see if you are one of those sex change artist? Then slam the door.

Reply to this post

Response to multigraincracker (Reply #2)

Fri May 13, 2022, 10:39 PM

3. I'll save that one

for the religious people.

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 11:40 PM

4. The GOP

is the party of mass shooters and pedophiles.

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 11:52 PM

5. Trump knows all the best people.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 01:35 AM

6. The GOP is just fine with hiring/accepting pedophiles

https://democraticunderground.com/100216665657

The Groomers strike again.

Rep. Mary Miller’s (R-IL) campaign

a former state worker who pleaded guilty to luring a young boy to a drugstore parking lot for sex acts in 2005.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread