HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Al Franken Breaks Down Tr...

Tue May 23, 2017, 09:55 PM

Al Franken Breaks Down Trump's Health Care Scam

Senator Al Franken details the health care scam Donald Trump and Republicans are running on the American people.

5 replies, 5496 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Al Franken Breaks Down Trump's Health Care Scam (Original post)
bathroommonkey76 May 2017 OP
MyOwnPeace May 2017 #1
Honeycombe8 May 2017 #3
Honeycombe8 May 2017 #2
YOHABLO May 2017 #4
Doitnow May 2017 #5

Response to bathroommonkey76 (Original post)

Tue May 23, 2017, 10:46 PM

1. Gotta' ask............

who are these speeches to? Is there anybody there in the chamber listening to it?

I would certainly wish that every single Pug would be there and have cameras on them as they should squirm with each stinging statement that this marvelous Senator makes. But, does that happen?

Or, is everything pre-ordained and they're all just playing out their parts based on what the ruling junta decrees?

Just askin'....................

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MyOwnPeace (Reply #1)

Tue May 23, 2017, 10:48 PM

3. From what I've seen on CSPAN, the rooms are almost empty during these speeches.

But they are televised.

Reply to this post

Tue May 23, 2017, 10:47 PM

2. Hearing Franken put it all together drives home exactly what's going on w/that bill.

The bill is outrageous, cold, and cruel. It's not what any democratic government should be doing or would want to do. A democratic government. I fear that they are intentionally trying to shred what little we have left of a democracy.

We need to win back one of the houses of Congress next year. We MUST. If any of these cruel plans pass, they must be rolled back asap.

If the tax cuts pass, though...that would be hard to roll back. Look what happened w/the Bush tax cuts. They were extended during the Obama administration (because of the recession, I guess), and then partly expired, but partly retained.

Reply to this post

Wed May 24, 2017, 06:13 AM

4. It goes to show you what these Republicans are all about. MONEY FOR THEM.

This is a tax cut for the wealthiest people in the country and a death sentence for many on disability. When in the hell are people going to get angry enough> I'm waiting. Still waiting.

Reply to this post

Wed May 24, 2017, 01:23 PM

5. The story about Rubio slipping in defunding of subsidies to insurance companies in ACA

has not been told enough. And Stupid 45 wants to do more of the same. As a result, premiums have been rising and insurance companies are leaving certain states. Repugnicans get up and whine how the ACA is falling into a "death spiral." Well, look who is to blame. Thank you, Al Franken!!

How about Medicare for all! Sounds good to me.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread