HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Dale Hansen on Kliff King...

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 03:31 PM

Dale Hansen on Kliff Kingsbury's new NFL gig and white privilege.This man is a national treasure.

https://www.wfaa.com/video/sports/nfl/hansen-unplugged-lack-of-black-coaches-in-nfl/287-8386823?jwsource=cl

4 replies, 687 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dale Hansen on Kliff Kingsbury's new NFL gig and white privilege.This man is a national treasure. (Original post)
Power 2 the People Jan 2019 OP
rustysgurl Jan 2019 #1
brush Jan 2019 #2
Power 2 the People Jan 2019 #3
brush Jan 2019 #4

Response to Power 2 the People (Original post)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 03:41 PM

1. Lived in Dallas for 20 years ...

... and one of the few things I regret leaving behind when I moved was being able to watch and listen to Dale Hansen. I am a wordsmith, and I cannot describe him and what he means to me as a person.

Dale, you are one in a million!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Power 2 the People (Original post)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 04:03 PM

2. What's particularly glaring is the firing of the Phoenix coach after just one year.

The Cardinals were a terrible team when he was hired and he was given only a year to turn around a last place team. That's grossly unfair.

Now let's see how many years they give the newly hired white coach to turn the team around.

Reply to this post

Response to brush (Reply #2)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 04:18 PM

3. You're so right brush.

They always give a black coach the most hopeless teams and expect them to work miracles immediately. The only exception that comes to mind is Marvin Lewis. Kudos the Bengals for standing by him for 16 years.

Reply to this post

Response to Power 2 the People (Reply #3)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 04:23 PM

4. The Marvin Lewis situation was certainly the exception. Because of his...

lack of playoff wins without getting fired for so long I always joked that he must have compromising photos of the owner.

But seriously, he did get a long run.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread