HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » "24 hours ago they were l...

Mon May 27, 2019, 08:26 PM

"24 hours ago they were living under my shed"


18 replies, 2333 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 18 replies Author Time Post
Reply "24 hours ago they were living under my shed" (Original post)
Demovictory9 May 2019 OP
blm May 2019 #1
lunasun May 2019 #2
Lady Freedom Returns May 2019 #3
Brother Buzz May 2019 #8
tblue37 May 2019 #4
irisblue May 2019 #5
pansypoo53219 May 2019 #6
pazzyanne May 2019 #7
pansypoo53219 May 2019 #9
pazzyanne May 2019 #10
pansypoo53219 May 2019 #11
pazzyanne May 2019 #12
pansypoo53219 May 2019 #13
pazzyanne May 2019 #15
pansypoo53219 May 2019 #14
Rhiannon12866 May 2019 #16
Demovictory9 May 2019 #17
Rhiannon12866 May 2019 #18

Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Mon May 27, 2019, 08:32 PM

1. 😻

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Mon May 27, 2019, 08:46 PM

2. kick sweet

i like the top of her lists-

"Iím looking for a bug spray that also repels trump supporters"


This is the DU member formerly known as lunasun.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Mon May 27, 2019, 09:39 PM

3. What about the mother?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Lady Freedom Returns (Reply #3)

Mon May 27, 2019, 10:46 PM

8. Those kitties have been weaned

For all we know, the mother is already knocked up and getting ready for the next litter.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Mon May 27, 2019, 09:59 PM

4. K&R for the kittehs. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Mon May 27, 2019, 10:34 PM

5. No info in the thread abour the mother

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Mon May 27, 2019, 10:35 PM

6. my texas epal luckier. the MALE cat they had been feeding at work decided to have 2 kittens

he took them home & ended up w/ 3 kittens. he is keeping one + mom.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to pansypoo53219 (Reply #6)

Mon May 27, 2019, 10:41 PM

7. I know the feeling!

I took in a semi-feral, 5 month old MALE gold kitten in November. Imagine my surprise when SHE went into heat in February.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to pazzyanne (Reply #7)

Mon May 27, 2019, 11:15 PM

9. i adopted a kitten from the HD years ago. HE had red collar for girl in the cage. i double checked.

i am NOT a medical person but i could tell it was a he. look for a girl. i sexed my dad's found kitten. firefighter could not tell its a boy? he wanted a girl.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to pansypoo53219 (Reply #9)

Mon May 27, 2019, 11:37 PM

10. I have worked with cats and kittens all my life.

This baby was extremely shy on the back side and would not let me look. I went with male because of the color. 80% of gold/ orange cats are male so I went with that. What was the odds that I would get one of the 20%? Surprise!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to pazzyanne (Reply #10)

Tue May 28, 2019, 07:54 PM

11. let them stand & lift the tail. or hold the front paws up. or get the kitten happy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to pansypoo53219 (Reply #11)

Tue May 28, 2019, 08:44 PM

12. This is a feral kitten we are talking about.

If you have your hands on this kitten, she is NOT happy. She has been living in my house for 7 months and I still cannot put hands on her, especially when it comes to her hind quarters. I have sexed hundreds of kittens over the past 70 years, but they have mostly been tame or cooperative with that process which is the same process that you mentioned. She was named Feisty for a big reason. Little but mighty and at my age and disability I no longer can force a feral kitty to do anything they don't want to do. I'm just not agile enough and it is not worth battle scars any more with fragile, old skin.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to pazzyanne (Reply #12)

Wed May 29, 2019, 08:43 PM

13. never tried a feral. tho. i did grab a kitten out of a trap.

maybe if you can grab it at the neck like the mommy cat, but may need to keep it inside & see if it gets nicer. good luck.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to pansypoo53219 (Reply #13)

Wed May 29, 2019, 11:50 PM

15. Thanks.

She will be going to the vet who will need lion tamer tricks to work with her. Thanks for your suggestions!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to pazzyanne (Reply #12)

Wed May 29, 2019, 08:52 PM

14. oops. reread. 7 m? dear me. may need a lion tamer & get it fixed to find out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Thu May 30, 2019, 12:52 AM

16. Follow up after 72 hours:

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #16)

Thu May 30, 2019, 12:54 AM

17. thanks for the followup

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Demovictory9 (Reply #17)

Thu May 30, 2019, 12:58 AM

18. I just revisited this since I loved the kittens - and found it!

The little black one looks so much like my Felix who I found as a kitten in a supermarket parking lot - 5 years ago.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread