HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Music Appreciation (Group) » Wasted Days and Wasted Ni...

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 09:04 AM

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights -- Freddy Fender

7 replies, 232 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Haggard Celine (Original post)

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 09:12 AM

1. I love that record. Brings back memories of when I lived in LA and Was in love

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Walleye (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 09:45 AM

2. Yeah, I have childhood memories around that music,

just about all of them good. It was back when my grandparents were still alive and lots of family and friends were around. Those were great times.

Reply to this post

Response to Haggard Celine (Original post)

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 10:04 AM

3. I know this song is kitsh but I like it, most of all I just read a list of most influential Science

Fiction books and seeing your scree name reminded me, I wondered why The Illuminati Trilogy and Stranger in a Strange Land weren't on the list.

Reply to this post

Response to ShazamIam (Reply #3)

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 10:38 AM

4. I've read a lot of Robert Anton Wilson's stuff, but there's still a lot

I haven't gotten to yet. I was a little upset when I changed my screen name earlier this year because I accidentally misspelled my first name there and it was too late to change it. I guess I'll be Hagbard the next time EarlG lets us change our names again.

I haven't gotten to Stranger Strange Land yet. Right a now I'm reading Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation and Other Devices (along with a few other books by other authors). I like everything I've read by RAW, a lot like I love all of Kurt Vonnegut's books.

Reading can be an expensive habit, however. Amazon sends me emails every day advertising more books and I see so much that I want to learn. But you know how it is, though, the more you read, the more you're aware of what you don't know.

Reply to this post

Response to Haggard Celine (Reply #4)

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 11:20 AM

5. The only way I can afford my reading habit is libraries, garage sales, thrift shops.

There are some good interviews of Robert Anton Wilson on youtube he is very amusing and entertaining.
Here is Walter Cronkite interviewing Heinlein and Clark way back after Apollo.

Reply to this post

Response to ShazamIam (Reply #5)

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 01:12 PM

6. Thanks for sharing that.

That was a few months before I was born. Walter Cronkite was the first news person I remember seeing. It all goes by so fast, and we'll be gone too before we know it.

Reply to this post

Response to Haggard Celine (Reply #6)

Thu Oct 14, 2021, 01:29 PM

7. Yes, we are all just blowing in that Dylan wind.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread