HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Over half a million peopl...

Wed Jun 3, 2020, 03:45 PM

Over half a million people are without power in Southeast Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey

Over half a million people are without power in Southeast Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey, including around Philadelphia, due to violent #Derecho which unleashed widespread 60-90 mph winds. This event shares some similarity to the DC 2012 derecho.

[1200 PM] A line of severe storms is currently approaching Philadelphia and Trenton from the west. This is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS SITUATION. These storms are producing widespread wind damage across eastern PA. SEEK SHELTER NOW inside a sturdy structure and stay away from windows!

Dangerous situation in Philadelphia. Violent thunderstorms arriving next 30 mins with history of unleashing gusts over 80 mph (Reading gusted to 83 mph). Folks there should be inside and away from windows and any trees that could topple. (1215p Wed)

4 replies, 1152 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Over half a million people are without power in Southeast Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Jun 2020 OP
Squinch Jun 2020 #1
iamateacher Jun 2020 #2
DeminPennswoods Jun 2020 #3
FakeNoose Jun 2020 #4

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Wed Jun 3, 2020, 04:39 PM

1. OMG. What the hell is next?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 3, 2020, 05:33 PM

2. Yes, been without power for several hours

Trees and wires down. No estimate for when it will be repaired.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 3, 2020, 06:11 PM

3. Our local Pgh news weather report showed

a huge area of thunderstorms moving from west to east, then blowing up right around Harrisburg and moving quickly off-shore.

Thanks for sharing the outcome. It sure looked nasty on the radar echo.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 4, 2020, 08:21 AM

4. I'm in Pittsburgh and this completely missed us yesterday

We're probably getting a little rain today but no wind or storm activity.

BTW this doesn't surprise me, we often miss the big storms, or we catch the very edge with little danger. Our weather in SW Pennsylvania is remarkably calm most of the time. I just wish we got a little more sunshine occasionally.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread