HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Anti-gay leader says A&am...

Tue Apr 15, 2014, 04:33 PM

Anti-gay leader says A&M’s Lavender Graduation “celebrates dangerous and risky sexual activity”

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Texas A&M’s GLBT Resource Center will host the school’s first-ever Lavender Graduation on Wednesday night.

The special commencement ceremony, which is separate from regular graduation in May, is designed to allow students to celebrate their accomplishments, such as scholarships and involvement in LGBT organizations, in a welcoming environment.

But Jonathan Saenz, leader of the anti-gay group Texas Values, believes the Lavender Graduation will also be celebrating something far more sinister.

“This special Texas A&M ceremony essentially promotes and celebrates dangerous and risky sexual activity that can fiercely jeopardize a person’s well-being,” Saenz told the American Family Association’s OneNewsNow. “I’m not sure this is the most responsible way for a university to prepare students for the real world.”

More at http://www.lonestarq.com/anti-gay-leader-says-ams-lavender-graduation-celebrates-dangerous-risky-sexual-activity/ .

4 replies, 665 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anti-gay leader says A&M’s Lavender Graduation “celebrates dangerous and risky sexual activity” (Original post)
TexasTowelie Apr 2014 OP
randys1 Apr 2014 #1
Downwinder Apr 2014 #2
TxDemChem Apr 2014 #3
Vogon_Glory Apr 2014 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Apr 15, 2014, 04:36 PM

1. Texas Values has none, promotes hate and intolerance

And is an embarrassment to the human race and the American public, and should be shunned and ignored.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Apr 15, 2014, 06:33 PM

2. Don't guess an Austin lobbyist is going to cut much ice at A&M.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 15, 2014, 07:04 PM

3. He is a bigot whose opinion is not wanted

Someone should glitter bomb his ass.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 16, 2014, 06:39 AM

4. Risky Sexual Activity, eh?

"Risky sexual activity," eh?

I know we fellers, straight and gay alike, take risks with gals and guys according to our sexual preference, but the joke I remember is that lesbians must be G*d's chosen people, since their STD rate is lower than ours.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread